Do moderators get paid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Absolutely NOT. They take all this abuse for no pay.

It's a thankless position and most take it because they have/had the intention of helping out but it comes with many frustrations and a lot of behind the scene crap. ;)

But I have to say once in a while we might get a thank you behind the scene as well.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
wouldnt anyone be really stupid to volunteer for that ......yes I know I did

<script type="text/javascript">var geo_Partner = '437f9b45-d464-4fc4-8e27-136e7340525b'; var geo_isCG = true;</script><script src="http://js.geoads.com/geoLink.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
To all moderators:

Though I don't always agree with your decisions, I appreciate the work you do.

Thanks for volunteering for a tough job.

PS. Just out of curiosity, how drunk did Robert have to get you so that you would agree to be a moderator?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
who me ? I was pretty good just that we didnt agree on what should be deleted lol
<script type="text/javascript">var geo_Partner = '437f9b45-d464-4fc4-8e27-136e7340525b'; var geo_isCG = true;</script><script src="http://js.geoads.com/geoLink.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
To all moderators:

Though I don't always agree with your decisions, I appreciate the work you do.

Thanks for volunteering for a tough job.

PS. Just out of curiosity, how drunk did Robert have to get you so that you would agree to be a moderator?

Well way back when I applied the first question was, ARE YOU CRAZY? Seemed to be the right fit for me :laugh:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Of course we get paid, what, do you think we are stupid or something? We get freebies all over the place. We have incredible incentives per/100 deletes we make. We even enter a year-end raffle of a new mini-van if we move more than three threads a month. Oh man, do we get paid....sheesh...and you really expect us to tell you about it? No way.

I mean my 50 years of experience here is a priceless possession that I do not just give away to these nerdy folks. After all, our boss just spent a month and made more than all of the mods together do in a year, in just one month!!! All for a pair of hard toe boots and a hard hat....

Whatever....

HB

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I hear the free beer and stock options are huge.

And there is this rumor you guys have multi-year million dollar contracts*.

*A dollar a year for a million years...:cheeky:

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
It is only hearsay... but apparently the mods regularly get luxury "training" weekends in Sosua, with all the female and male amenities.

That is also the reason of course they can give us such good info...

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
yawn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hey Monkey!! I agree with you. Calmed by a couple of good beers and even better cigars, I can tell you that the idea of the site is to provide legitimate information, to the best of our abilities. I agree 100% about racism, personal attack and such, but remember that we want to keep as positive an image as we can regarding the DR. Not that we will hide any of the realities, but we will not accentuate them.

I, for one, never even opened the thread on La Passion...not my area of interest, is all.

Be patient...

HB

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
The perks are that you learn a lot about people and the disparate interactions that go on here at DR1.

Being a mod has been and will continue to be an eye-opening experience, regardless of whether we are thanked for our efforts or not.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
No payment, but it has the odd perk now and again ;)

We have an excellent bunch of mods right now and have had some excellent mods in the past.

As I know some of you aware, we support them 100% and the board wouldn't be what it is today without them.

Round of applause :)

Status
Not open for further replies.