outdoor pool/patio furniture

La Ensenada

Sep 17, 2011
Does anyone know where I can buy patio/pool furniture? Specifically, I am looking for patio chairs and chaisse lounge chairs. The lounge chairs can be wood or plastic with pads. I know hotels must purchase them somewhere, but I can't find them. I am in the Samana area, but i am happy to look anywhere in the area or Santo Domingo. Thanks!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I find this stuff to be $$$ in RD, but there is a rebuild place as you approach POP airport from the east - just beside the vivero on the north side of the road.

They have the white plastic lounge chairs w/ the blue vinyl/plastic sling mesh that you see at resorts.
Sorry, I don't know the prices.

La Ensenada

Sep 17, 2011
That may be just what I could use. Are these the fairly heavy-duty plastic or PVC chairs? They're probably expensive but again fairly strong? I hate to ask, but which airport is POP?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes, heavy looking plastic.
Again , I don't know the price.

POP = Puerto Plata, about 3-4 hours from you:disappoin

La Ensenada

Sep 17, 2011
Thank you both. I appreciate the lead. Those lounges might work. I saw pictures. They appear to have a blue fabric stretched across. I'd prefer something solid with pads if anyone knows of others in wood or PVC.
I am looking for about 10 new, also tables and patio chairs. Does anyone know of a retailer that sells these items?

I'm currently in the US, so I can't drive around looking. I need to find a store or retailer where I can place an order for pickup or delivery in Samana.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Think about scrounging them up in the US at the end of season sales and shipping them by mudanza... might be affordable.

Search 'mudanza' for people in your area.

Just an idea

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~Try IKEA, they deliver to certain areas...not sure about Samana, however they do deliver SDQ to PUJ...

La Ensenada

Sep 17, 2011
Thanks Abuela and Jrjrth. Abuela, do you have an email address or phone number for Megan? I like the pictures you attached.

I tried IKEA but they had nothing in stock. I can pick them up if I can find something in IKEA in Santo Domingo.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
2 of those plastic lounge chaise in blue color and plastic frame in Sosua for 7000 pesos if still available 809-8123-628 also there are acouple of wicker chairs and love seat with a coffee table available for 375 us in same area

Dec 21, 2008
I find this stuff to be $$$ in RD, but there is a rebuild place as you approach POP airport from the east - just beside the vivero on the north side of the road.

They have the white plastic lounge chairs w/ the blue vinyl/plastic sling mesh that you see at resorts.
Sorry, I don't know the prices.

We bought two about a year ago from the dude by the airport...I think we paid about $80 US each...good shape, new covers and delivery was included.

pacuadros

Sep 25, 2011
Hi everyone, does anyone have the contact details from the dude by the airport selling the lounge chairs? Thanks!

Bachata Mama

Sep 30, 2011
Does anyone know where I can buy patio/pool furniture? Specifically, I am looking for patio chairs and chaisse lounge chairs. The lounge chairs can be wood or plastic with pads. I know hotels must purchase them somewhere, but I can't find them. I am in the Samana area, but i am happy to look anywhere in the area or Santo Domingo. Thanks!

My husband and I bought cast aluminum patio furniture for our pool/deck area. We definitely wanted to get something sturdier than plastic (our kids can be a bit rough on furniture), but less expensive than real wood. Our choice worked out great because the aluminum chairs are versatile enough to work near the pool or on our deck where we sometimes have dinner. Are you dead-set on wood or plastic? Because the aluminum chairs are very lightweight yet sturdy so you can maneuver them easily.

Peace :classic:,
Oria