Mel-tours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robynducks

Aug 10, 2011
Visiting Puerto Plata this Friday 23rd of September for one week.
I have booked a few excursions through Mel-tour.com.
Has anyone been on any of their tours/excursions or had any dealings with them?
This is my first trip anywhere and I want to be sure to have a great experience.
Thanks in advance!

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Yes, I've taken 3 tours with them (Bacardi Island, twice, and Santiago and Jarabacoa) and I enjoyed them all. A good value for the money, I think. See Linda at the Mel Tours office across from the Checkpoint Bar, she's a real nice lady who can facilitate any of your planned excursions.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
See Linda at the Mel Tours office across from the Checkpoint Bar, she's a real nice lady who can facilitate any of your planned excursions.

Linda went back to Germany earlier this year but, when last we spoke (April), she was still organising excursions on-line. You can contact her at meltours@gmail.com and she will still be able to sort things out for you.
I second FritoBandito's comments regarding them being value for money.
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

Last edited:

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Just remember Mel Tours is not the tour operator, but an agent selling tours for the individual tour operators. So in fact it is possible to shop prices for exactly the same tours sold by others, particularly when buying a bunch of tours.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Just remember Mel Tours is not the tour operator, but an agent selling tours for the individual tour operators. So in fact it is possible to shop prices for exactly the same tours sold by others, particularly when buying a bunch of tours.

Maybe not a bad idea then Belmont, to add here a few of those others who give the same excellent service as Mel Tours does apparently. I, personally, do not know Mel Tours but I rely on the good vibes given here by the ones who booked tours with them. What I do know is that there are a bunch of crooks running around also selling exactly the same things at cheaper prices but you get screwed royally.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Linda went back to Germany earlier this year but, when last we spoke (April), she was still organising excursions on-line. You can contact her at meltours@gmail.com and she will still be able to sort things out for you.
I second FritoBandito's comments regarding them being value for money.
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

Does Linda plan on coming back or is she gone for good?????? Thanks.......

ace

Apr 11, 2004
I speak with Linda a few times a week, she will be back to Sosua in November. Linda misses Sosua and Sosua misses her. She is in Germany visting with family but looking forward to November. Linda can be reached on facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/MelTour/119096164831551
Sorry not sure how to post a link on here, copy and paste if it doesn't click for you.

mommacat

Apr 12, 2005
We have booked many excursions through Mel's Tours in Sosua and they have been terrific. Have always come away very satisfied with their service over the last 9 years. Will be glad to see Linda when she gets back.

Status
Not open for further replies.