Looking for a Satellite Dish - Santiago Area

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Anyone have a 6 foot or larger satellite dish in the Santiago area they want to sell?

Also interested in finding an nFusion HD FTA receiver.

Don

terrierist

Mar 20, 2009
Dealer in Santiago

If you're interested in a dealer in Santiago, I have one that I can recommend from there. He sold and installed two 6 foot dishes. PM if interested in his details. But if you're looking for a used one...I don't know.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Used but Far

We have two used ones, both 'criollas' 6-footer.
However, considering transport you might as well buy them in Stgo., the manufacturers near SD used to sell them for about 11,000 RD$ if my memory serves me right.

donP

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I didn't think the Nfusion FTA HD receivers were still working, I have two for sale if you want them, they only have a few months of use in them. I still need my two 6 foot dishes though. I switched to a dishnetwork HD subscription pay receiver with double tuner and now pay a monthly fee.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There should be a place on the right hand side going towards the airport that sells dishes...it is across the highway from the Marriott/ Whatever it is called now place. In that area..if memory serves. Have you checked the classifieds? In the Listin or in la Informacion?

HB

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
There should be a place on the right hand side going towards the airport that sells dishes...it is across the highway from the Marriott/ Whatever it is called now place. In that area..if memory serves. Have you checked the classifieds? In the Listin or in la Informacion?

HB

I believe that place closed down years ago.
The name was something in Spanish that sounded like: (English - Cookie)

Don

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I know that Whirleybird has a few massive satellite dishes she no longer needs. She has no internet atm but am sure she will post here when normal service is resumed.

matilda

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
santiagoDR, make me an offer. I have one on my roof.
Call me over the weekend.
AZB

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Matilda was quite right in saying that I do have two very large dishes which I no longer seem to need so, if you don't get what you are seeking actually in Santiago, do get in touch. I am north coast about 15 miles east of Cabarete - an hour from Santiago over the mountain road via Moca/ Jamao.

If anyone in other areas close by are interested, please send a PM.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
What are you trying to get, Amazonas ... or some C-band stuff?

Miscellaneous wild feeds on both KU and C-Band.

I do get some some C-Band already on one of my 6 footers.
With the demand for the satellites dishes going way down, an extra satellite dish would be nice.

Don

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
If you have a big dish take care of it. I've got a radio station in south Florida and we still get numerous audio feeds off C band. We had to chase across the country to get a 10 foot mesh dish. Fiberglass are a little more plentiful but a lot heavier and $$$.
Bottom line, demand is drying up and so is the old inventory. Paraclipse is long gone and now so is Sami.