Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Frenchman Had His Throat Slit

.. in Las Terrenas in his house on Sunday.

http://infosdiario.wifeo.com/martes-...embre-2011.php

donP

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew him.. very sad

Post Thanks / Like

Cops say two Haitians did it and are in custody.

Hb
    Moderator DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 3 Haitians

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Cops say two Haitians did it and are in custody.
    Hb
    Yes, and there is little doubt that they caught the right ones.
    One had the victim's motorcycle (Suzuki 500) and the other one (caught in Gaspar Hernandez !) other belongings of the murdered foreigner. They confessed the murder.

A third Haitian and relative to one of the apprehended is still being sought, he is supposed to have the laptop which was also robbed.

According to reports on Terra FM 95.5 MHz (a local radio station) the sexual orientation of the deceased seems to have played a role in the crime.

donP
    Last edited by donP; 09-20-2011 at 10:42 AM.

5. Likes Squat liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donP View Post
    According to reports on Terra FM 95.5 MHz (a local radio station) the sexual orientation of the deceased seems to have played a role in the crime.
    donP
    Whenever an expat gets murdered here, we have to learn to wait, per Paul Harvey, "For the rest of the story".

7. Likes cobraboy, Ringo, Anastacio liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Did I heard 2 haitians?
    And somebody accused me of racist, when I said that most violent crimes to expats are commited by Haitians.
    They are not just killing expats, they are killing the tourism industry.

9. Dislikes Jumbo disliked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    Did I heard 2 haitians?
    And somebody accused me of racist, when I said that most violent crimes to expats are commited by Haitians.
    They are not just killing expats, they are killing the tourism industry.
    No.

Recession and fiscal uncertainty among prospective tourists is killing the tourism industry. The Dominican Republic isn't really geared to acurate data when it comes to citizens, let alone undocumented aliens living in the shadows so I won't bother asking for statistics to back up your (rightfully accused of being) racist rant. I would venture to guess that there are more crimes committed against the Haitian population in the D.R. than by the Haitian people in the D.R. as is usually the case when it come to the conditions of the powerless in any country including my own.

There is a backstory to this murder that will probably never come to the surface. Typical.

11. Likes Berzin, SKing, nsgirl liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    No.

Recession and fiscal uncertainty among prospective tourists is killing the tourism industry. The Dominican Republic isn't really geared to acurate data when it comes to citizens, let alone undocumented aliens living in the shadows so I won't bother asking for statistics to back up your (rightfully accused of being) racist rant. I would venture to guess that there are more crimes committed against the Haitian population in the D.R. than by the Haitian people in the D.R. as is usually the case when it come to the conditions of the powerless in any country including my own.

There is a backstory to this murder that will probably never come to the surface. Typical.
    This country was peaceful 10 years ago, until they began to enter without any kind of control, Colombians, Venezuelans (some of them involved in the traffic of drugs and sicariato, Haitians who escaped from prisons (nothing againts legal Haitians working), Russian mafia and other expats wanted by Interpol. Now, they are showing the business to Dominican too.

13. Likes Berzin liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be remiss to ignore the effects on crime that the recent wave of Haitian immigration due to the earthquake.

The problem is the international community has focused almost all of it's attention on Haiti while a significant portion of their population is here. We could use some of that free money over here to create jobs to keep people occupied and thus hopeful. Of course being that the world is PC at it's best all we will get is criticism.

15. Likes johnny liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post

The problem is the international community has focused almost all of it's attention on Haiti
    Very true. Unfortunately all that attention has turned to mierda because that "help" is winding up on the black market or being tucked away under someone's mattress or in foreign bank accounts. Too many good people will not donate to haitian charities anymore.

There is no way to help anyone under those circumstances.

Burn that **** down and start from scratch. It's the only way. Even then chances aren't that good.

17. Likes Berzin liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast