Frenchman Had His Throat Slit

Status
Not open for further replies.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
3 Haitians

Cops say two Haitians did it and are in custody.
Hb

Yes, and there is little doubt that they caught the right ones.
One had the victim's motorcycle (Suzuki 500) and the other one (caught in Gaspar Hernandez !) other belongings of the murdered foreigner. They confessed the murder.

A third Haitian and relative to one of the apprehended is still being sought, he is supposed to have the laptop which was also robbed.

According to reports on Terra FM 95.5 MHz (a local radio station) the sexual orientation of the deceased seems to have played a role in the crime.

donP

Last edited:

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
According to reports on Terra FM 95.5 MHz (a local radio station) the sexual orientation of the deceased seems to have played a role in the crime.
donP
Whenever an expat gets murdered here, we have to learn to wait, per Paul Harvey, "For the rest of the story".

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Did I heard 2 haitians?
And somebody accused me of racist, when I said that most violent crimes to expats are commited by Haitians.
They are not just killing expats, they are killing the tourism industry.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Did I heard 2 haitians?
And somebody accused me of racist, when I said that most violent crimes to expats are commited by Haitians.
They are not just killing expats, they are killing the tourism industry.

No.

Recession and fiscal uncertainty among prospective tourists is killing the tourism industry. The Dominican Republic isn't really geared to acurate data when it comes to citizens, let alone undocumented aliens living in the shadows so I won't bother asking for statistics to back up your (rightfully accused of being) racist rant. I would venture to guess that there are more crimes committed against the Haitian population in the D.R. than by the Haitian people in the D.R. as is usually the case when it come to the conditions of the powerless in any country including my own.

There is a backstory to this murder that will probably never come to the surface. Typical.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
No.

Recession and fiscal uncertainty among prospective tourists is killing the tourism industry. The Dominican Republic isn't really geared to acurate data when it comes to citizens, let alone undocumented aliens living in the shadows so I won't bother asking for statistics to back up your (rightfully accused of being) racist rant. I would venture to guess that there are more crimes committed against the Haitian population in the D.R. than by the Haitian people in the D.R. as is usually the case when it come to the conditions of the powerless in any country including my own.

There is a backstory to this murder that will probably never come to the surface. Typical.

This country was peaceful 10 years ago, until they began to enter without any kind of control, Colombians, Venezuelans (some of them involved in the traffic of drugs and sicariato, Haitians who escaped from prisons (nothing againts legal Haitians working), Russian mafia and other expats wanted by Interpol. Now, they are showing the business to Dominican too.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
It would be remiss to ignore the effects on crime that the recent wave of Haitian immigration due to the earthquake.

The problem is the international community has focused almost all of it's attention on Haiti while a significant portion of their population is here. We could use some of that free money over here to create jobs to keep people occupied and thus hopeful. Of course being that the world is PC at it's best all we will get is criticism.

ChrisNYC

Sep 6, 2011
The problem is the international community has focused almost all of it's attention on Haiti

Very true. Unfortunately all that attention has turned to mierda because that "help" is winding up on the black market or being tucked away under someone's mattress or in foreign bank accounts. Too many good people will not donate to haitian charities anymore.

There is no way to help anyone under those circumstances.

Burn that **** down and start from scratch. It's the only way. Even then chances aren't that good.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
This country was peaceful 10 years ago, until they began to enter without any kind of control, Colombians, Venezuelans (some of them involved in the traffic of drugs and sicariato, Haitians who escaped from prisons (nothing againts legal Haitians working), Russian mafia and other expats wanted by Interpol. Now, they are showing the business to Dominican too.

I can see the problems of the past decade in dealing with narco terrorists as the supply lines shifted from Mexico and other parts of the Caribbean to the D.R. as DEA and their international partners clamped down on the long established ingress routes to the USA but I don't see where the Haitian immigrant population has any part of this except maybe as mules to load and unload the contraband.

Haitians have been crossing the border for hundreds of years so I don't see where their presence are the 'tipping point' for the decline of social order in the D.R. over the past decade so picking them out as a part of this particular problem is just plain picking on them. As long as there is severe economic disparity between the D.R. and Haiti there will be Haitians trying to get in. If the two countries' fortunes were reversed the opposite would also be true. If there was a land border between New York and the Dominican Republic do you have any doubt that the Dominican population of New York would be far higher?

My point here is that this isolated incident has less to do with the problem of illegal immigration by Haitians in the D.R. than it does with shady characters interfacing in nefarious activities with even shadier characters. This crime was personal.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I do not think this horrible crime was at all isolated ..I think that there a large number of Haitians without anything but their wits living in Samana and other places that have foreigners , just waiting their opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.