Passport Question

LauraP

Jan 10, 2005
Sorry, yes another one. My husband and I always travel w/passports but this time we are travelling with friends - they are both US citizens but only using enhanced license (which is okay for travel between US and Canada). We are flying out of Toronto to SD. Do they require a passport to enter? Thanks

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Enhanced DL is only good for entry in Canada by US citizen by land or sea. They will not be able to return to US or Canada with it. The airline will not transport them to DR without passport for return.

3.Enhanced Driver's License (EDL): EDLs indicate both citizenship and identity. Valid for entry into Canada by land or sea, though not valid for international air travel.

LauraP

Jan 10, 2005
Thank you - that is what I thought but wanted to be sure as the crazy travel agent told me no passport needed and I was pretty sure she was mistaken. Thnx again for reply!

LauraP

Jan 10, 2005
Thank you, Never dealt with it before b/c we always have had passports - I have let our friends know and did find the correct regulation - thnx again!!

TheExpert

Sep 13, 2011
www.dreamridelimousines.com.au
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> We should not go for a travel trip without passport. It can be very risky. Without passport we can not go in another country.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> We should not go for a travel trip without passport. It can be very risky. Without passport we can not go in another country.

Thank You, such expert advice!

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
Sorry, yes another one. My husband and I always travel w/passports but this time we are travelling with friends - they are both US citizens but only using enhanced license (which is okay for travel between US and Canada). We are flying out of Toronto to SD. Do they require a passport to enter? Thanks

When I got my passport 8 yrs ago, I was able to get it the same day by telling them I had scheduled flight within 5 days.......