Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default travelling to colombia

i dare to put this thread into living as i need some solid info asap.
    i need to go to bogota, few days only. i am open to dates but it has to be fairly soon, this or next month.
    obviously i am looking for as cheap deal as possible. as i understand one can fly from SD, i am fine with that. any day of the week, any time of the day.
    also, some decent hotel that is cheap enough not to break my pocket (i plan to do some shopping there ) but located in the area where i will not be killed and dismembered.
    i asume i can get by with my dominican spanish, right?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    i dare to put this thread into living as i need some solid info asap.
    i need to go to bogota, few days only. i am open to dates but it has to be fairly soon, this or next month.
    obviously i am looking for as cheap deal as possible. as i understand one can fly from SD, i am fine with that. any day of the week, any time of the day.
    also, some decent hotel that is cheap enough not to break my pocket (i plan to do some shopping there ) but located in the area where i will not be killed and dismembered.
    AZB, Robert, Berzin to the rescue!!!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uUpDG680uew" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lodging

some decent hotel that is cheap enough not to break my pocket (i plan to do some shopping there ) but located in the area where i will not be killed and dismembered.
    Casona del Patio Hotel Casona del Patio - Hotel in Bogota, Colombia, South America

Google Map: 4.652525,-74.058315 - Google Maps

Neighborhood: Chapinero Norte (Alto)- Relatively safe (North Bogota)

Your Spanish will be alright, just leave the slang on the Island.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

For the prices listed for the rooms in the hotel's webpage, you might as well rent an apartment on daily basis, fully furnished in the north section of bogota. Chapinero maybe fun in the day time and popular among the backpackers but it may not be too safe at night.
    Do google search on "apartment for rent, daily basis, furnished, bogota". I never stay in hotels in colombia, I usually rent an apartment. Most colombians who travel, do rent apartments for a few days. I stayed in santa Barbara area.
    See craigslist for colombia in vacation rental section. You will find deals.

AZB

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

what about flights? i checked copa but the cheapest i could find was 860 dollars! does it get any better or is it as good as it gets?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

might be cheaper if you fly to puerto rico, miami or fort lauderdale on on to bogota

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i do not have american visa, so PR or miami are a no no. i fly via panama maybe it it's cheaper...

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

You are not going to find a cheap flight flying with either Avianca or COPA to Colombia.
    The cheapest route is to go to Ft. Lauderdale (Spirit) then down to Bogota via Miami (various options).
    As far as I'm aware this will require an overnight in Miami, so you will need to factor that into your costings, along with taxis, food etc.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

i do not have american visa, so PR or miami are a no no. i fly via panama maybe it it's cheaper...
    No visa, then you have to use COPA via Panama or direct with Avianca to Bogota.
    Look at their sites, you will see the pricing and can book online with them.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

boggles my brain that bogota is a short jump from DR but the flight is as costly as the one to europe...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast