DR passport

D

Dan

How does one obtain a DR passport (legally), and how much does it cost?

E

Eddy

I should have specified that you need residency for 5 years (I think it's 5) before applying for citizenship. Then you can apply for a passport.

A

Anastassia

It's 2 years of residency (with "cedula") before obtaining DR passport.

G

Grahame Bush

Dan, How urgent is your need? A friend of mine has asked the same question of our lawyer & I believe she has worked something out for her - LEGAL, I wouldn't condone anything else!!

Drop me a line with your e-mail etc. & I will get the details from our lawyer to answer your questions at today's rates.

Regards etc. - Grahame. ^_^

A

A Gringo in Puerto Plata

Re: DR passport >Question for grahame!

If I apply for a Dominican Passport, will that mean that I won't have to renew this darn residency every 2 years? Its a pain in the back side having to go to the Capital twice to get this done!
Thank you.

S

Squat

Message for all the Gringos residing here...

Hey Gringo, you better keep that Gringo passport of yours and travel to the capital once in a while when you have to, because the day you get a dominican passport, if you go to jail, you will be judged as a dominican (and you know sometime you can be thrown in jail for no valid reason...). But if you are still a Gringo citizen, you can call the Gringo Consulate, and have far better chance to walk free... Think about it before acquiring dominican citizenship... It's a friendly advice...

G

Grahame Bush

Re: DR passport >Question for grahame!

Quite honestly I don't know if this would remove the need for Residencia. If you have serious needs in this matter of going to Santo Domingo & you already have permanent residencia, drop me an e-mail - I might be able to make a suggestion or two.

I know to get an American Passport you are supposed to renounce all other passports you have held, but that is NOT the case for getting a Dominican Passport. I know a few Americans who have both & quite a few more who are looking at this possibility.

Get back to me on my e-mail if you want any more info. Grahame.