Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Using Dish Network Receiver with 6ft dishes

Anyone using Dish Network receivers with 6ft dishes here in the D.R.?

If so, what is the "Switch" setup?
    What are the name and type of switches used to connect the LNB's on the 6ft dishes(Multiple Satellite Reception) to the Dish Network receiver.

Normally with FTA boxes, one uses DiSEqC switches, I don't know if that will work using an actual Dish Network receiver on 6ft dishes (Multiple Satellite Reception).

Post Thanks / Like

Default Members: 55,200, Active Members: 1,627

55,200 Members and 1,627 Active Members!

...... and not one with the information for using Satellite dishes
    ........... other then the small ones for Dish Network subscription?

Don

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SantiagoDR View Post
    55,200 Members and 1,627 Active Members!

...... and not one with the information for using Satellite dishes
    ........... other then the small ones for Dish Network subscription?

Don

Satellite multiswitch: Awesome satellite multi-switch page!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default dish network

Anyone using Dish Network receivers with 6ft dishes here in the D.R.?

If so, what is the "Switch" setup?
    What are the name and type of switches used to connect the LNB's on the 6ft dishes(Multiple Satellite Reception) to the Dish Network receiver.

Normally with FTA boxes, one uses DiSEqC switches, I don't know if that will work using an actual Dish Network receiver on 6ft dishes (Multiple Satellite Reception).
    Santiagodr, Do you currently have an avtive account in the U.S. ? It is very easy to set up with a 6 ft antenna. You will need diseqc switch. I have mine via nfusion with internet. Let me know what kind of setup you want and I will try and help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El commandante View Post
    Santiagodr, Do you currently have an avtive account in the U.S. ? It is very easy to set up with a 6 ft antenna. You will need diseqc switch. I have mine via nfusion with internet. Let me know what kind of setup you want and I will try and help.
    Dish Network receivers will not work with Diseqc switches.

I need to check out the link from Eddy's post above yours.

Trying to find someone actually using a Dish Network subscription and large satellite dishes, as the multi-LNB's that Dish Network normally uses on their small dishes will not work on the larger dishes due to the need to separate the LNB's to get the signals.

Post Script: The link shows switches, but what I need is someone with hands on experience to advise on the switches needed and how to connect them. I'm thinking a 3x4 zinwell multi-switch going to a Dish SW21 switch may be what I need. It's expensive doing it by trial and error from here.
    Last edited by SantiagoDR; 09-29-2011 at 03:13 PM.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Dish Network receivers will not work with Diseqc switches.

I need to check out the link from Eddy's post above yours.

Trying to find someone actually using a Dish Network subscription and large satellite dishes, as the multi-LNB's that Dish Network normally uses on their small dishes will not work on the larger dishes due to the need to separate the LNB's to get the signals.

Post Script: The link shows switches, but what I need is someone with hands on experience to advise on the switches needed and how to connect them. I'm thinking a 3x4 zinwell multi-switch going to a Dish SW21 switch may be what I need. It's expensive doing it by trial and error from here.
    When I had the bar I had 3 maybe 4 Dish satellite 6' dishes working for me. I can't see the problem unless things have changed in the past 3 or 4 years.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donluis99 View Post
    Looks like the one he needs."

Zinwell 6x8 Multiswitch Flexport

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    When I had the bar I had 3 maybe 4 Dish satellite 6' dishes working for me. I can't see the problem unless things have changed in the past 3 or 4 years.
    Eddy, were you using a Dish Network subscription and associated receiver, and if so, the answer I'm looking for is how the dishes were connected to the Dish Network receiver, what switch combination was used?

If it was an FTA box, then that setup will not be what I need, I already know how to do that.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The problem is not the number of dishes, but knowing what "switches" are needed that are compatible with Dish Network receivers. Most switches referred to in the link of switches specifically refer to DirecTV compatibility, not Dish Network compatibility.

If I wanted to use FTA receivers, there would be no issue either as methods of connection between the dish and FTA receivers are well documented. Not so with using Dish Network receivers.

I have received the phone number of a local installer, but will he be willing to part with the information to a non-customer? I was hoping for first hand information from someone that actually is using a Dish Network receiver and not just guess work.

Thanks to everyone for your responses, when I get it working I will post the solution on this thread, even though it seems I may be just about the only one that needs the answer.

Thanks,

Don

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Eddy, were you using a Dish Network subscription and associated receiver, and if so, the answer I'm looking for is how the dishes were connected to the Dish Network receiver, what switch combination was used?

If it was an FTA box, then that setup will not be what I need, I already know how to do that.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The problem is not the number of dishes, but knowing what "switches" are needed that are compatible with Dish Network receivers. Most switches referred to in the link of switches specifically refer to DirecTV compatibility, not Dish Network compatibility.

If I wanted to use FTA receivers, there would be no issue either as methods of connection between the dish and FTA receivers are well documented. Not so with using Dish Network receivers.

I have received the phone number of a local installer, but will he be willing to part with the information to a non-customer? I was hoping for first hand information from someone that actually is using a Dish Network receiver and not just guess work.

Thanks to everyone for your responses, when I get it working I will post the solution on this thread, even though it seems I may be just about the only one that needs the answer.

Thanks,

Don
    As many dishes as you want. 4 if you want all Dish programming. All of them equipped with dual feed horns. (2 cables running from each dish) to your multi switch and then to your receiver. If you want to use more than 1 receiver you will need a modulator. Actually very simple. The hard part will be aligning them. Do that individually before hooking them up to your switch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast