Need a good motorcycle mechanic especially carberator on or near north coast

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
hAVE A DECENT YAMAHA 250 HOWEVER TK CARBERATOR WONT CO OPERATE .AND MECHANICS IN CABARETE ONLY KNOW SMALLER BIKE OPERATIONS .dOWS ANYONE REALLY KNOW A QUALIFIED MECHANIC SO I CAN EITHER BRING THE BIKE THERE OR BRIN THE CARBERATOR.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
hAVE A DECENT YAMAHA 250 HOWEVER TK CARBERATOR WONT CO OPERATE .AND MECHANICS IN CABARETE ONLY KNOW SMALLER BIKE OPERATIONS .dOWS ANYONE REALLY KNOW A QUALIFIED MECHANIC SO I CAN EITHER BRING THE BIKE THERE OR BRIN THE CARBERATOR.
Bonanza in Santo Domingo has a staff of fine mechanics for larger bikes.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009

try the guy who rents out the honda's and yamaha's in Sosua (about 100 yards further then Rocky's). I noticed he has a mechanic's shop there as well... if not I am sure he will be able to point you to the right guy.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
when you say a 100 yds from Rockys do you mean on the same street going towards the ocean? or?

hughatthepub

Mar 13, 2007
How do you know it's the carb that's at fault, what are the symptoms? Often with old bikes rough running, poor pickup etc can be down to bad connections in the wiring loom, or a failing CDI box which can feel kike a fuel problem. For this age of bike you might be just as well to order a new carb from eBay or similar. PM me if you want, I have quite a lot of experience wioth Yam singles (not a qualified spanner tho)