las terrenas

M

Marie

I'd appreciate recommendations for a nice hotel (3-4 star), preferably as close to the beach as possible, in Las Terrenas for the first week of June.

Thanks !

T

trina

I loved staying at the Las Palmas villas in Las Terrenas. It is about a block and a half from the beach, and the cottages are beautiful. They have an open area where you can bar-b-que outside, and the grounds are beautifully landscaped. The cottages have a loft upstairs with 2 beds and a bathroom, a full-size kitchen equipped with all kitchen tools, sugar, milk, etc and a welcome tropical fruit plate. They have a large bedroom, and cable TV in the living room. My husband and I loved it, and paid $50 US/night, but that was during Christmas, so I think June will be much cheaper, as it is the low season.
For info, try this site
http://www.samana.net/las-palmas.html
or the link below

Have a great time in Las Terrenas, you will love it!

D

DeanO

Re: las terrenas Hotels

I stay in March 2001 at Residencia Colibri, for $50/night in one bedroom apartment with all the convenience, including dual voltage. Found the place thru www.samana.net they are other great little hotels right on the beach, "Kanesh hotel" is own by a swiss expat, if this will be to any help.
DeanO

M

Mel

Looking for nice but reasonable hotel in Santiago

I plan to go to Santiago from Santo Domingo at the end of July and would like to stay somewhere safe but not extravagant. I would prefer that it is not too far from the bus station. Any suggestions??? My Spanish isn't great, to say the least, so that may be a consideration. . .