More Questions About Fans

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Hi Everyone, back to my original question about window fans and additional ones about ceiling fans. Sorry to be so ignorant of things here, but I'm a home handy woman and in the US, the old guys (and girls) at Home Depot and Lowes help with my projects. The hardware stores here probably could help too but my Spanish is still very limited. So here are my questions.

Back to window fans. I've seen those metal extraction-type fans (probably designed for bathrooms?). Do you think I could use that in a small window in my highest room as a sort of window fan?

Regarding ceiling fans, I have those typical three blade metal fans with the dome light in four rooms. I just bought the condo but the fans have some rust/peeling paint on the blades. Do they sell replacement blades and/or do you think I could sand them down and repaint with anticorrosive and then a sort of brass-like color paint like I've seen on outdoor wrought iron gates, etc? The fans work fine, just are ugly and obviously will eventually rust throught if not maintained. And second question...have you seen any sort of other fan light kits that would fit these standard fans? The brand is KOK....

Thanks for your input.

Judy

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
what they seem to do is just sand the blades and paint them white.. works fine

ferreteria americana has loads of brand new fans for 6000 pesos so it may not be worth your while if you are already up against rust and are on the coast

the best brand here is KDK so if that is your brand then it is the top of the line and worth the trouble

i only have pedestals and ceilings so cannot answer the window question.... air conditioners in those.. gracias a Goddess

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Lately I've been looking longingly at those big electric radiator fans that SUVs have for the air-con. They're 12V fans & my plan is to hook one up to a small solar cell, battery & charge controller to make a window/extraction fan.

All I need is a junked SUV ...... shouldn't be too hard to find in the DR lol.

Back to your question Judy. KDK do make light kits, you might try googling it. Whether or not you can get them here I'm not sure.