Told you so...

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
I told you guys about this here on DR1 alone:

The DR is moving to create a single ballistics profile database of all guns in possession of civilians and all military/police/government individuals from the Prez to the wachiman in the corner of your eye...

Legislation aims to require drug testing on gun permit applicants

Santo Domingo.- The proposed bill on the Firearm Bearing and Possession Law will heighten the requirements on those who apply to obtain a permit to bear weapons in Dominican Republic.

According to the proposal, the request of license to carry a gun will have to contain the result of an anti-doping test, the applicant?s bank account statement and the justification for its use.

It would also require a ballistics test for each weapon, for the files of the Interior and Police Ministry?s Arms Control dept.

Chamber of Deputies Interior and Police Commission president Elpidio B?ez announced the details of the legislation, adding that the bill will figure in their agenda in one week.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/ec...require-drug-testing-on-gun-permit-applicants

The real aim of this legislative piece is to create the legal bounds to provide the authorities with the right to conduct ballistic profiles on all guns/weapons imported/owned in the DR.

I told you so long ago!

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Won't they just get round that by supplying an extra barrel and firing pin assembly?
I am told that happens in Haiti.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I told you guys about this here on DR1 alone:

The DR is moving to create a single ballistics profile database of all guns in possession of civilians and all military/police/government individuals from the Prez to the wachiman in the corner of your eye...

Legislation aims to require drug testing on gun permit applicants

Santo Domingo.- The proposed bill on the Firearm Bearing and Possession Law will heighten the requirements on those who apply to obtain a permit to bear weapons in Dominican Republic.

According to the proposal, the request of license to carry a gun will have to contain the result of an anti-doping test, the applicant’s bank account statement and the justification for its use.

It would also require a ballistics test for each weapon, for the files of the Interior and Police Ministry’s Arms Control dept.

Chamber of Deputies Interior and Police Commission president Elpidio B?ez announced the details of the legislation, adding that the bill will figure in their agenda in one week.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/ec...require-drug-testing-on-gun-permit-applicants

The real aim of this legislative piece is to create the legal bounds to provide the authorities with the right to conduct ballistic profiles on all guns/weapons imported/owned in the DR.

I told you so long ago!

Ahhhh? I did this 2 or 3 years ago and thought that everyone with a legal gun did the same.

Background check with my U.S. and my Dominican papers. Pee in a cup while someone watched. Visit to the shrink. Fire "a" gun to see if I can hit target that is 6 feet away. Photo and digital finger. Wait... Go get my new gun that has already been fired but not cleaned. (thank you very much)

Nothing new here for THOSE THAT ARE LEGAL and have done this. So What has changed?

Now about all those ILLEGAL guns?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Smart guns can't be disassembled without a security tool... So no chance of barrel/firing pin switching! That much was present in the pilot guns being tested...

Pichardo. Nothing is said about a "smart gun". Whatever that is.

The procedures have been in place for years and you and the article are showing nothing new FOR THOSE THAT HAVE LEGAL GUNS.

Most of the people that have legal guns have little to worry about IMHO. This is a show for the people for votes with no change in the law or process.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Ahhhh? I did this 2 or 3 years ago and thought that everyone with a legal gun did the same.

Background check with my U.S. and my Dominican papers. Pee in a cup while someone watched. Visit to the shrink. Fire "a" gun to see if I can hit target that is 6 feet away. Photo and digital finger. Wait... Go get my new gun that has already been fired but not cleaned. (thank you very much)

Nothing new here for THOSE THAT ARE LEGAL and have done this. So What has changed?

Now about all those ILLEGAL guns?

We all know they look good and promising on paper but in the real world the aftermath is quite another beast...

Supposed new harsher penalties for those in possession of illegal guns...

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Pichardo. Nothing is said about a "smart gun". Whatever that is.

The procedures have been in place for years and you and the article are showing nothing new FOR THOSE THAT HAVE LEGAL GUNS.

Most of the people that have legal guns have little to worry about IMHO. This is a show for the people for votes with no change in the law or process.

Just because you don't see them in the news, does not means it's not taking place...

I know so because I saw this with my own two eyes! I don't like them one bit! bulky, heavy, not quick to shoot as you press the trigger *there's a lagging time frame between the actual trigger pull and the discharge of the gun...

I would like the DR to follow "universal conscription" as done in Switzerland, it could work well here...

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
So far they are debating banning shotguns 100% and switching those in Police hands into non lethal rounds species...

Banning the watchie shotguns in toto. Right. The ones here now are only noise makers a do little damage if the target is more then 30 feet away. In most cases I think that the watchie should NOT have anything better then that.

So let's talk about your Smart Gun.

Google it and learn what it is. Learn what it is not.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Just because you don't see them in the news, does not means it's not taking place...

I know so because I saw this with my own two eyes! I don't like them one bit! bulky, heavy, not quick to shoot as you press the trigger *there's a lagging time frame between the actual trigger pull and the discharge of the gun...

I would like the DR to follow "universal conscription" as done in Switzerland, it could work well here...

I live here. I'm legal. I own a gun. You don't.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
What they are doing is requiring everyone that renews a current gun permit to take another drug test and a Psychology test also. Anyone that has a legal gun permit has done this already. But now every year they want you to do it again.

All this will do is stop a lot of licensed gun owners from paying 5925 rd per year for the permit and carry license. Do you think that Domincans will bother to do this every year? I don't.

Also as Ringo stated, you cannot get a pistol without them taking a ballistics test and keeping it on file. This has always been the case.

Last edited:

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
What they are doing is requiring everyone that renews a current gun permit to take another drug test and a Psychology test also. Anyone that has a legal gun permit has done this already. But now every year they want you to do it again.

All this will do is stop a lot of licensed gun owners from paying 5925 rd per year for the permit and carry license. Do you think that Domincans will bother to do this every year? I don't.

Also as Ringo stated, you cannot get a pistol without them taking a ballistics test and keeping it on file. This has always been the case.

There was no database to keep gun's ballistic profiles before, now we have one! (The F.B.I. helped a lot on that here).

The old tests were formalities alone required by guidelines and as such, 90% is gone from any reputable record keeping...

The new system is based on a fully computer based system that the F.B.I. helped the DR set up, with the labs and all...

Several individuals from the scientific Police were trained by them in their "facilities" to that end.