Need a Filmmaker (preferably student or retiree)

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Hey, there are so many expats and retirees here on the forum I thought that I would try my luck.
We are starting a Birth Center and are in the serious "buscando dinero" stage. We would like to make a short documentary to be sent to several organizations here in the States and need a filmmaker. This would be a great job for a Dominican Film Student. Or even an expat Filmmaker who wants to just have fun again in their specialty. This person would need to be available Dec. 27-Jan. 9 to come to Azua with me, and then available next year May 17- 24 in Santiago. More details can be given later. Please PM me and give me your resume and any links to any work you have done, if you are a student, any coursework that you have completed so that we know that you know the basics regarding lighting, camera angles, etc.
Include your expected salary, we prefer someone who already lives in DR so that we don't have to pay flight expenses.

We don't expect award-winning, we just want a documentary that is done professionally and is appealing. This may help us get money!

SHALENA

Feb 7, 2007
I know 3 persons. I will get in touch with them.

The first one is Colombian, studied film-making and he lives in Higuey; he mainly does commercials and produces a local TV program but he has done a documentary for Cubans who were defrauded/delivered-not-as-promised in some condo deal in Bavaro, the material was used in US courts, his work is great and he is not that expensive at all, can also do excellent 3D modelling for visual effects;

The second one is student, aspiring filmmaker (studying in the profession) , living in Bonao. I have just been referred to him by a friend of mine for some work I need to do. Don't know him that much but he really is keen on offering the best result he can deliver.

The third person is my former associate, living in Higuey, he studied filmmaking in Cuba, does local production but also does lots of things for Santo Domingo agencies for major brands, he has done work for Laura (Circus of Dreams), his work is good but he is not cheap (like 2-3k US most likely).

Last edited:

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I know 3 persons. I will get in touch with them.

The first one is Colombian, studied film-making and he lives in Higuey; he mainly does commercials and produces a local TV program but he has done a documentary for Cubans who were defrauded/delivered-not-as-promised in some condo deal in Bavaro, the material was used in US courts, his work is great and he is not that expensive at all, can also do excellent 3D modelling for visual effects;

The second one is student, aspiring filmmaker (studying in the profession) , living in Bonao. I have just been referred to him by a friend of mine for some work I need to do. Don't know him that much but he really is keen on offering the best result he can deliver.

The third person is my former associate, living in Higuey, he studied filmmaking in Cuba, does local production but also does lots of things for Santo Domingo agencies for major brands, he has done work for Laura (Circus of Dreams), his work is good but he is not cheap (like 2-3k US most likely).
Thanks so much! Again, my email is shalenarn@hotmail.com and if they would like my phone number, PM me and I'll give it to you....thanks again, I hope maybe one of them can help us.

SHALENA

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
That is a most ingenious idea.

I commend you.

And looky here - the gamble pays off !!

I hope this works out for you.

Another idea would be to go someplace like NYU or another college. Or a film school
A student could get funding for a thesis ro something.

Very good creative thinking SKing

WW

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Thanks, WW
I will contact some universities. I hope it works out also but I am sure it will. I am a believer in dreams and I had a dream the other night that we got so many patients that we couldn't accept them all. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!
For right now, I am thinking if ways for us to raise more money.

SHALENA