Beware of people offering hand cleaning samples!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It appears that the rats are now using nice looking women and offering you samples of one of those hand cleaners (Manitas Limpias).

According to an announcement in the newspapers, they apparently lace it with a substance that knocks you for a loop and then they empty your credit cards and bank accounts. Sort of like a "date-rape" drug.

So, for those of you that haunt the malls and busy streets, please be aware of this new and very nasty scam..

HB

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Thanks 4 the heads up ! It is strong stuff, we made it in to tee when we were in highschool that stuff grows all over Florida kids are still playing with it today so I here.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
I always refuse all free samples and other free stuff; I don't trust people that hand them out and nothing is for free in this world! So far it kept me safe and sound.

DMD53

Jun 8, 2011
What will they think of next I don't even use hand sanitizer for the shopping carts or gas pumps wait until they put something in spray perfume or colonge..................

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
'bull$hit'11111111111

aFTER WORKING IN THE DEPT. OF ANESTHESIA AT THe MGH IN BOSTON FOR 25 YEARS,THAT IS WHAT THIS STORY IS!
5 YEARS AGO,"it" WAS PERFUME SAMPLES! In all the mall parking garages in Santo Domingo! NONSENSE!
This makes the rounds on the internet all the time.
It rankes with "The sexy girl who takes you to her hotel room,slips you a "Drink". You wake up 3 hours later in the bathtub floating in ice.Your kidneys have been removed!
Again,"BULL$HIT"!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is an article in today's newspapers about a guy that tried it and wound up RD$56,000 poorer. Also the source was the paid notice in the press by the makers of "Manitas Limpias" here in Santo Domingo.

HB

(Apparently not, CCCCCC. )

Jul 4, 2010
15sa83r.jpg

This necklace was specially made by a silversmith as an amulet ('resguardo') for my wife. One day, upon leaving her at the bus stop, I noticed a strange couple approaching her, an old man dressed in black (even wore a black hat), and a much shorter woman who looked pregnant. Becoming suspicious, I turned around and gestured my wife if she was ok. She signaled affirmatively and smiled. After leaving, and while on the bus, my wife calls me to say she has been 'atracada'. She told me the couple were very nice, that she suspected had been hipnotized, that they only stole her necklace. The woman gave her a piece of paper and asked her to please read an address on it, because she couldn't read. My wife remembers placing her necklace inside the paper, folding it, and handing it back to the woman.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
There is an article in today's newspapers about a guy that tried it and wound up RD$56,000 poorer. Also the source was the paid notice in the press by the makers of "Manitas Limpias" here in Santo Domingo.

How much benefit would it be to the makers of "Manitas Limpias" if a large number of people are afraid to use any other product?

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
How much benefit would it be to the makers of "Manitas Limpias" if a large number of people are afraid to use any other product?

I don't think that that will make people scared to use them. They are recommending only to buy them in secured packaging from the store, rather than taking them from people off of the street handing out samples

SHALENA

tmnyc

Oct 19, 2006
aFTER WORKING IN THE DEPT. OF ANESTHESIA AT THe MGH IN BOSTON FOR 25 YEARS,THAT IS WHAT THIS STORY IS!
5 YEARS AGO,"it" WAS PERFUME SAMPLES! In all the mall parking garages in Santo Domingo! NONSENSE!
It rankes with "The sexy girl who takes you to her hotel room,slips you a "Drink". You wake up 3 hours later in the bathtub floating in ice.Your kidneys have been removed!
Again,"BULL$HIT"!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Concur with CC. Story is BS. This story has also made its rounds in Bogota about a decade ago. Used in chain emails by the fear mongers.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Again,"BULL$HIT"!!!

Are you sure ?????????? how do you wake up without kidney

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
It sounds like Scopolamine that has been used for similar crimes in Colombia for the past few years.

It's a dangerous drug that can have some serious side effects.

Scopolamine, burandanga and the borrachero tree
Scopolamine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was a victim of this in Bogota, Colombia in 2008. Drugged and found in the street by police miles away from where I was. Not a joke or embellishment. I'm fine now, no missing organs or anything, just a robbery, but not a situation that I'd wish on anyone.

I truly hope that this drug hasn't arrived in the DR. I hope that it doesn't grow there. It's a very dangerous drug and can be administered in many ways, and very innocently. Take heed to the warning, just in case.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Crisssssss I don't know about the kidney part but "Las Dormilonas" in Santo Domingo are real. Maybe if you think losing your wallet as the same as losing your kidney...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Again,"BULL$HIT"!!!

Disagree. I personally know people that have been drugged with Scopolamine in Colombia.
Ask any Colombian in Colombia and they will tell you all about it.

Why wouldn't it be in the DR?