Anybody heard about Moscow classic Ice Ballet coming to DR?

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
I cant find more info! they are going to give shows in SD, La Romana, Puerto Plata and Santiago starting from today in Santiago, 5 oct in P.plata, i really wanna go to see! but need info where to get tickets and where actually to go to see it!
07347d80fde3.jpg

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
As far as I understand it they will give performance in Punta Cana on the 6th of October, in La Romana on the 8th and the 9th, in SDQ in the Palacio del Bellas Artes from 13th until 16th of October and in El Gran Teatro Teatro del Ciabo Santiago from 19th until 20th of October...but nothing to be found under events on the website of El Gran Teatro...

Anybody from Santiago has more insight?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Since the DR is already experiencing a little Russian invasion, sure, why not.

They will be the icing on the cake, pun intended. lol

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
question one: will they come to POP?
question two: ice? ICE? you must be kidding me.

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
LOL no, i dont know exactly what it is but there is a technology
You can see it here (starting from 2nd minute)
[video=youtube;bawnwSYOCFU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bawnwSYOCFU[/video]

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Its dry ice also called card ice and its not made from water but from carbon dioxide at a much lower temperature then regular ice and it needs no mechanical aids to stay that cold. Its used in smoking machines on sets also because once in contact with air it vaporizes in moisture creating a mist.
I suppose they put a 5 cm normal water on the dry ice piste to freeze up so the skaters can do their show because due to the very cold temp of dry ice, the change of getting ice burns is very high and it is softer then normal ice.

But no word on when they are going to perform in the Dominican Republic, maybe not at all what would be a shame but maybe they run out of dry ice or its stuck in customs.