Orange Flybox Nethogar SMTP?

jari841

Feb 20, 2011
Hi,

we have Orange Flybox NetHogar, which is also being used in work, and I would need to send emails via Outlook. Does Orange provide any SMTP-service (reliable, which doesn't change e.g. the sender address) for this purpose, haven't found much information from their website? We had before Codetel ADSL, and there it was (if I remember correct) smtp.codetel.net.do, but with Orange I haven't been able to find any service.

If there is such service, what might the correct parameters be?

Thanks in advance for help!

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
As far as I know they don't... However, I might ignore that detail...

What you can do is create a Gmail address and use the Gmail smtp in Outlook... It works...

Feb 7, 2007
The problem with Gmail is that when you use a different email address in Outlook (e.g. you@company.com) and send via Gmail smtp server, the email header will be modified to show "you@gmail.com on behalf of you@company.com" which really doesn't look professional.

You can get your own domain name for just 8 dollars a year via GoDaddy or MadDogDomains, and have a free smtp and hosting at Free Web Hosting with PHP, MySQL and cPanel, No Ads That way you use your own domain name and own smtp server.

jari841

Feb 20, 2011
Thanks for the replies, but as rubio_higuey mentioned, Gmail is not an option, since they have changed the systems and no matter if I send from myname@mydomain.xx, the end will always be changed to @gmail.com. Since the address is changed, also Outlook gets messed up because it sorts the emails wrong then. I have used this option sometimes, but the emails need to have a professional look, therefore gmail won't do. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

The company has a domain, the problem is that it's not in the DR. And it needs to have a .fi ending. Other ISP:s I have used have provided a legitimate SMTP.. I have to go to Orange and ask this.

Thanks again.

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Is anybody still having this issue? I am and there is no rhyme or reason to the changing smtp server. I called their office and get an entirely spanish list of choices. Did you go to the office? I was thinking that as well but I doubt they would know the answer. Please if anyone has managed to get the server number I would dearly love to know it.