Dominicans doesnt want my money !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrismic

Mar 28, 2008
If Dominicans had been much smarter, lesser annoying , more trustful and steal lesser, would they earned more money from me.

My experiences with Caribbean people ans special Dominicans is that they want money fast in as short time and not more money in a longer term..

Let start with this street vendors and the shops on the way to Sosua beach, that it has been some threads about lately.

A few times has I bought some thing from them..
First must you use a lot of time to negotiate the price with them, only when you pretend to walk away, will I get a normal price. many times have they started with a price like 1500 peso and I end up with paying 500 peso for the product. Like the watch I now buy in a store in Charamico for 350 peso, that they ask first for 1500 peso and I paid 500 peso for in the street.( have lost some cheap watches here lol..)

Many times I pass this shops and street vendors would I like to go in a look around and maybe buy something, but if you walk in their store will they never leave you in peace. They will never take No for a answer and will follow you out in the street and of course will they remember you next time you pass by and then annoy every time you pass by. I once tried a pant from one of this Haitian girls that sell them in the street, but it was not right size. Now they remember me and promise they have other pants that will fit me.. I try to explain I bought pants another place and dont need more pant, but they never take NO for a answer...

Think if this shops could let you walk in their store and you could look around by yourself and dont be annoyed by them, would I maybe bought more from them. And think if they could had normal price tags on their product, so you dont have to bargain and argue about the price all the time.

The Motochono
Wherever I walk , will they always ask you to go with them.
A normal day will around 10 to 20 motochono ask you go with them, and even want to take me to Cabarete.
Hey, I am not blind... try I to explain to them . I will ask them if I need their service..

I have now several times tried to send a motochono to a restaurant to buy some food for me.
Like the hamburger at New cafe or a sandwich from the Cuban restaurant. I have eaten in this places before, so I know how the Hamburger and sandwiches look. And I give them 100 peso for bring me the food.
But they always try to foul me. And buy a cheaper hamburger or sometimes else in a cheaper kiosk or place.
Food that never cost the 200 peso I send with them.
My Rocky breakfast to 160 peso, was once a simple egg and some pommes fries, nothing more....
Once I got a Hamburger without the top bun, and this hamburger was not from New cafe, maybe he eat the top bun before he delivered it..Hamburgers has been sandwiches and opposite. chicken wings has been pork sandwich.. etc...
Where I live is it more and less 5 to 6 regular motochonos, lets say I could trust them and used them every day. would they earned 3000 peso in month.
Of course I never used them anymore, so they fouled me a few times and earned maybe 80 to 100 peso by fouling me, stupid when they could earn much more money if I had used them every day.

The girls...
I would like to have a girlfriend or some kind of a steady relationship..
But that is difficult too...
Very often they steal or try to steal from me, money or things,, even stole my toothpaste once..lol.
Or they start to make trouble in your room and hotel, even that we had agree about the price and everything in advance...
It was one girl from Puerto Plata , that I meet in Sosua, I liked her very much..
First time we took a motochono to my hotel, but suddenly could she not be with me, since her son was sick and she had to go home to him. I give her 200 peso to transport...when I 30 minutes later visited Caprini, was she sitting there and drinking beer..lol.. Next time she wanted to come with me, wanted she the money in advance... hahaha,.. I went home alone.
For some stupid reasons gave I her another chance.
We had agreed about the price and everything in advance, but when she should leave my room , she suddenly want much more money and started to scream and crying and told the owners of my hotel that I had not give her any money. To get ride of her the owner of my hotel gave her 500 peso, that of course I paid back to the owner.... this girl was a good actor...

Funny later, she still want to be with me when I meet her in the city
I told her are your stupid, do you think I could take you back to my hotel, where you made a lot of problems !!

Seriously, I liked her in the beginning and could maybe had some kind of relationship with her , maybe been with her a few times every week.
Very often I see her in the city , and in 3 of 4 times will she go home alone, without any clients...
Think of how much she could earned with have some kind of steady relationship with me ???
I have meet other girls too, that are to either greedy or will make problems later, girls i could had a relationship with..

My experience is that the major has scared away many girls, that before visited Sosua..More trustful girls.. so I think there much more bad girls left now..
Often has girl I have meet on my way into the city asked me to accompany to the Classico, so police will not disturb them.
I have also talked with Dominican girls on Internet and ask if they will visit Sosua. Many say NO.. will not risk to walk in Pedro Cliantes and be arrested and accused for be a hooker..
In one way have I give up girls in this town, safer and lesser problems..

As I said in the headline , if Dominican had been smarter would they got much money from me..
Maybe a little to long post and little negative, but wanted to share some of my frustration with you..
Thanks..:classic:

May 12, 2005
Um, get out of Sosua and check out places like Santiago. You might have a more pleasant experience with Dominicans.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
You live in a town full of whores, avoided by most "better class" Dominicans and expect to find a girlfriend?

Just because you have had a few bad experiences, cannot find a whore that wants to be your girlfriend, don't paint ALL Dominicans with the same brush.

You need to take a look around you and actually evaluate the surroundings and the people you socialize with.
Sometimes I feel sorry for those "better class" Dominicans that have to live amongst those "low class" expats.

Chrismic

Mar 28, 2008
You live in a town full of whores, avoided by most "better class" Dominicans and expect to find a girlfriend?

Just because you have had a few bad experiences, cannot find a whore that wants to be your girlfriend, don't paint ALL Dominicans with the same brush.

I agree, that you must get out of Sosua to find a better girl.
Even that I never meet any of the Dominican girls I chat with internet.
Believe I some them was better class Dominicans , as you describe them

And, as I said, believe I many better Dominican girls doesn't go to Sosua anymore, because of all the problems with the police.

Feb 7, 2007
Errr..man...are you for real? Don't you think that problem is maybe in YOU? Try to be less an all-demanding-expat and more aplatanado. The problems you describe ... I don't have that kind of problems. Chip doesn't have that kind of problems. Robert doesn't have that kind of problems problems. AZB doesn't have that kind of problems problem. Robert Cooper doesn't have that kind of problems.
So man, be more "dominican" and less "foreign". Accept their culture, speak the language, get to know the people, make them know you know, and eeeeeverything will be OK. And last, get out of the whoretown, to find a girlfriend. And do not mix social norms with market norms - they don't mix well. You either want a girlfriend (social norms) or a whore (market norms). There's no such thing as girlfriend for money. It's like visiting your mother-in-law for the Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, and after the good meal, your pulling out a hundred dollar (or Euro) bill and all excited give it to her to thank her for the great dinner. Can you imagine the AFTER-moment? Got the drift?

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2005
So let me wrap my brain around this one for a moment. Many thoughts passed through my mind, for example and in order:
1. This guy must be fuking kidding.
2. Could this thread be some sort of humor to get actual responses.
3. What a dik.
and lastly
4. Is it me or is this guy actually looking for sympathy because a hooker snaked him not once, but twice and was going for the trifecta?

So I get it. HOOKER A doesn't want, I repeat DOESN"T want a relationship with you. Prefers not to have a regular paycheck coming from you, and prefers hustling in the streets. So you wonder if there is a HOOKER B out there that would. Did I get this right?

If the answer is YES, see point 3 above.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010

You need to take a look around you and actually evaluate the surroundings and the people you socialize with.
Sometimes I feel sorry for those "better class" Dominicans that have to live amongst those "low class" expats.

I find this post offensive. You tar all Sosua expats with the same brush for which some of us non-whoring professionals will not thank you. There is a small part of Sosua which caters to the type of expat you describe but the majority are 'normal' people to my experience.
I would imagine you consider all north coasters as lower-class which includes Seahorse, La mulata, Haciendas el Choco, the million dollar condos et al?

Thanks.

Danceelite

Mar 22, 2007
Santiago vs the New Sosua

I like that new option I have two trips to the DR planned and October will be Santiago and maybe a ride down to the Capitol to visit some friends. I am back in January and I am going to leave my options open I usually spend my birthday in Sosua and this is the big one.

Chrismic

Mar 28, 2008
You either want a girlfriend (social norms) or a whore (market norms). There's no such thing as girlfriend for money. It's like visiting your mother-in-law for the Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, and after the good meal, your pulling out a hundred dollar (or Euro) bill and all excited give it to her to thank her for the great dinner. Can you imagine the AFTER-moment? Got the drift?

Normally would a foreigner paid for the dinner in advanced by buying the food, so you dont need to pay later...

I believe most of the relationships with foreigners and Dominicans has a lot of do with money.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Normally would a foreigner paid for the dinner in advanced by buying the food, so you dont need to pay later...

I believe most of the relationships with foreigners and Dominicans has a lot of do with money.

It's obvious English is your second language!
Learn fluent Spanish and you might not get a factura for a BJ!

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011

Bwhahahahhahaha very good, Tamborista, and echoed my sentiments (um, the English aspect, anyway ;) )

Chrismic, I'm one of the more diplomatic people on this forum, I like to think, but wow...what a post. First off, perhaps learn to express yourself a little more eloquently and you'll get further ahead in life. You describe Dominicans in such a negative light, but why not take a look at yourself? If you came here to live, you came here 'warts and all'. Of course we all have a right to complain, but maybe it's time to open your eyes - and your mind - and see that not ALL Dominicans can be portrayed this same way. It's this closed-mindedness that makes Dominicans resentful of ex-pats...and that's a sad thing.

And last but not least this quote of yours: "And, as I said, believe I many better Dominican girls doesn't go to Sosua anymore, because of all the problems with the police". Honey, "good girls" don't avoid the police.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
You gotta wonder about the quality of a guy when hookers reject him...

Feb 7, 2007

You actually didn't get the point. sad....

Chrismic

Mar 28, 2008
So let me wrap my brain around this one for a moment. Many thoughts passed through my mind, for example and in order:
1. This guy must be fuking kidding.
2. Could this thread be some sort of humor to get actual responses.
3. What a dik.
and lastly
4. Is it me or is this guy actually looking for sympathy because a hooker snaked him not once, but twice and was going for the trifecta?

So I get it. HOOKER A doesn't want, I repeat DOESN"T want a relationship with you. Prefers not to have a regular paycheck coming from you, and prefers hustling in the streets. So you wonder if there is a HOOKER B out there that would. Did I get this right?

If the answer is YES, see point 3 above.

I dont look for sympathy...

I think you misunderstand my point ...
This girl from Puerto Plata, could had a relationship with me and then in one way a steady income.
Now she goes home alone several times , like 3 of 4 times... she has a little son to feed...and maybe some of her other clients can be bad to her..
Of course I know she is a hooker, but if I want to be with her, is it my decision...
And of course I would like a more normal relationship with more normal woman, but I dont know if I want to live in this country rest of my life and are therefor little unsure for the moment if I want a real steady normal relationship.

I also know that I could find better girls outside Sosua, but I dont want to move out of Sosua, just to find a girl.
And as I said, I have no big problem to live alone for some period,

My experience is that Haitian girls are more interested in a more normal relationship than a Dominican, despite they are fewer than the Dominicans, see I more relationship with foreigners and Haitians.
Like in Cuba where the Cubans are must more interesting in a relationship and married with a foreigner , than be a full time hooker with different clients all the time.

Of course if you talk about hookers in a thread, will you get reactions.
Nobody cares to comments about how stupid this motochono are and the street vendor and shops thats destroy for themselves and scares costumer away with their very aggressive behavior to tourists.
I never see any costumers in this shops in Playa Sosua and it walks a lot of tourists by them any day

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
If you want to find a good girl or find a girl for a steady relationship, go explore the small towns and the campo on the North Coast..........like the one country western song goes, ".....looking for love in all the wrong places........"

Chrismic

Mar 28, 2008

Tu quiere habla espanol, vamos..
Tu habla bueno espa?ol ???

Yo habla mejor espa?ol para hacer una gratis cupa cupa..lol

Verdad ingles es no me primero idioma, pero mucho extranjeros habla muy malo espa?ol, yo no habla mucho bueno espa?ol, pero mejor mucho otra extranjeros que vivo aqu? mucho anos y tambi?n critique me para habla malo ingles .

Chrismic

Mar 28, 2008
You gotta wonder about the quality of a guy when hookers reject him...

A funny point.

So why is it so much easier to have a longer relationship with a Cuban hooker, than a Dominican hooker ???
Because the Cuban hooker is so much more intelligent and smarter...

As i tried to explain with motochones, that fouls me...
They want to make money fast, but not in the long term.
There are so many ex path, tourists and other that want to be the Dominican hookers , but stay away since they steal and make a lot of problems..
In one way destroy the hookers for them self, and will get lesser clients..
In all kind of business will steady costumer be more important...

Status
Not open for further replies.