Volunteer Opportunities for Teens this Summer?

BrookeRJohnson

Oct 4, 2011
Does anyone have any suggestions for volunteer opportunities in the D.R. for a group of roughly 15 high school students (ages 14-18) and 2 chaperones in July 2012?

We are looking for a few well organized and legit service projects lasting between 1-4 days. Any type of service would be great including orphanages, animal care centers, construction, marine service, ect.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions and how I can contact the organizations.

Thank YOU!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I know an orphanage that can use some hands on help. 27 kids that have been literally "rescued" for very bad situations. They need activities beyond the ability of the lone house mom and some great volunteers that give what they can, but a week of good, hard activities, for boys and girls, would do them a world of good.

Let me know if you are interested. This is located in Santiago, and housing is reasonable.

There is also the possibility of work at other places, I am sure, but this is one that is greatly rewarding.

HB

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Hi Brooke,

I have sent you a PM about the possibility of your group volunteering with us at The Esperanza Project at our free day camp for local children which is held each summer between mid-June to mid-August. I look forward to hearing from you soon.