Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 301
  1. #21
    Gold
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Being in an advertising and media business, I recently talked to a very knowledgeable and respected person with decades of experience on DR media advertising. Basically we were talking about who the targets for advertisers (any advertisers) are in the DR, and it came out as partially B (less than half of B strata), and full C and D strata. No A strata (elite) and ...why? because as it could be expected, those people buy stuff over the Internet and buy stuff ABROAD. And the word "ABROAD" was the most resonating. Maybe that's also the reason why the most elitist malls catering to elite of the DR are EMPTY. Because most of the potential customers do their shopping in Miami, and New York, and Paris. And yes, I DO know people who go shopping to Paris (and it's not Plaza Paris; Paris like real Paris). And for non-clothing items, they buy stuff online. Same goes for most of B strata. It's the "C" and "D" strata (lower middle class and lower class) that are the bulk target for advertisers. And because virtually all A and most B don't buy locally, the most interesting segments are not available to advertisers and that's also one of the (many) reasons why advertisement prices in the DR are very depressed.

  2. Likes cobraboy, Hillbilly liked this post
  3. #22
    Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    274
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Where is the mall located? I'd like to check this out!

  4. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,352
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PICHARDO View Post
    A friend of a friend says B.S. to 3-5 people only buying in the entire Mall...





    A college student getting her shoes...
    OR...she is an employee there. Which is why there is only her and the guy in the back in the whole place. She may go to college, I dont know, BUT I DO KNOW THIS SHOE STORE ISNT THERE ANYMORE.

  5. #24
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    39,966
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    Being in an advertising and media business, I recently talked to a very knowledgeable and respected person with decades of experience on DR media advertising. Basically we were talking about who the targets for advertisers (any advertisers) are in the DR, and it came out as partially B (less than half of B strata), and full C and D strata. No A strata (elite) and ...why? because as it could be expected, those people buy stuff over the Internet and buy stuff ABROAD. And the word "ABROAD" was the most resonating. Maybe that's also the reason why the most elitist malls catering to elite of the DR are EMPTY. Because most of the potential customers do their shopping in Miami, and New York, and Paris. And yes, I DO know people who go shopping to Paris (and it's not Plaza Paris; Paris like real Paris). And for non-clothing items, they buy stuff online. Same goes for most of B strata. It's the "C" and "D" strata (lower middle class and lower class) that are the bulk target for advertisers. And because virtually all A and most B don't buy locally, the most interesting segments are not available to advertisers and that's also one of the (many) reasons why advertisement prices in the DR are very depressed.
    Interesting analysis, thanks...

  6. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,352
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avi8or57 View Post
    Where is the mall located? I'd like to check this out!
    At the intersection of Av. Estrella Sadhala y Avenida Juan Pablo Duarte, next to the car wash. You cant miss it, it is the prettiest thing there.

    Entonces higuey.....? Quien son los clientes preferidos de Terra Mall? Because if it is not the wealthy and clearly not the poor, then who is it? I speculate it is the people who have remesas sent from abroad for sick grandmas and whatnot.

  7. #26
    Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    274
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thanks Racer! Is Tony Romas still open at least?

  8. #27
    Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    274
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    OR...she is an employee there. Which is why there is only her and the guy in the back in the whole place. She may go to college, I dont know, BUT I DO KNOW THIS SHOE STORE ISNT THERE ANYMORE.
    Any chick who is able to spend RD$3-5k on SHOES, would most certainly be able to afford getting her NAILS DONE!!!! This chick is a NAIL EATER, take a real close look at her hands, dresses nice though! I definitely go with EMPLOYEE!!!

  9. Likes RacerX, SKing liked this post
  10. #28
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What a scream. I go by there all the time and never knew it was a shopping mall. Only Tony Romas, which like TGIF I would never go to for its overpriced pretentiousness the rest I thought was office space or something, who cares? And who looks at all the jumble of signs to figure out what it is when it's built smack next to the International Mall, which I hardly ever go to.
    I think the money laundering scheme is the best answer, and perhaps an artificial jungle for pedophilic hunters.
    What a bleeding waste!

  11. Likes RacerX liked this post
  12. #29
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,393
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Assuming the owners didn't finance most of the construction they are probably able to cover their operating costs.

    However, the entrance to the parking garage is some of the poorest concrete work I've seen here in the DR and certainly not worthy of an upscale mall in a big city like Santiago.

  13. #30
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,896
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pelaut View Post
    and perhaps an artificial jungle for pedophilic hunters.
    What an imagination? But true in a sense, I guess.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •