Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thoughts on Bella Vista?

Me and the wifey are moving soon, her family lives their and has a few businesses near by. Every time I visit I fall in love. It seems like a ddecent place to live.

Thoughts??

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Which Bella Vista, SD or Sosua?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry.. SD

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts? It is another part of the city, you can't walk 2 blocks in the cap without having to walk through a dumpend barrio so really nice areas are few and far between. But you have good access to everything, and so from that perspective it is a better area. I fail to see how someone can fall in love with anywhere in the cap, but yes, it is a nicer zone.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to live off lincoln, Zona Universitaria, Miramar and Gazcue over about 3 years, I don't like or live in the city anymore.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default los cacicazgo

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacio View Post
    I used to live off lincoln, Zona Universitaria, Miramar and Gazcue over about 3 years, I don't like or live in the city anymore.
    Anastacio,I thought that los cacicazgos was surrounded by other nicer areas,so in a sense,th might not to be near any dumps.This I read in the forum,haven't observed this myself.Is it true? Also somebody mentioned that gazcue has some shady parts

Post Thanks / Like

I like Bella Vista. I live there now (about two blocks from the mall). They are also building a new Body Shop gym here, which just opened. There is a lot of construction currently in the area, as new apartment buildings are replacing the old houses that were here before.

This area is definitely an area in transition, from older residential into newer apartments/condos. I've never had any problems with the people around here and like the community feel (especially at the Dume's on Defillo and Cesar Augusto Roque, which is beside my apartment).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nyc dad View Post
    Anastacio,I thought that los cacicazgos was surrounded by other nicer areas,so in a sense,th might not to be near any dumps.This I read in the forum,haven't observed this myself.Is it true? Also somebody mentioned that gazcue has some shady parts
    There are nice spots all over the city, my point was simply that my issue with the city is that you are never far from a shady area, you can't get from A to B without having to venture through a dump, but maybe you can say that about most or even all cities. I couldn't find a place I flt completely comfortable in in my time living there, I think Zona Universitaria was the safest and nicest place I lived, but then I think it has more security and police then anywhere else in the city and so very little crime goes on there, even there though, dumpster barrio on the other side of the road. I never have been much of a city guy though and so I'm probably throwing more negative vibes than I really need to.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

"Los Casicasgos" is a great area.Lots of small,"Older" apartments,and newer "Highrise".Private homes in the area.Supermarkets,shopping centers,and "NOT" surrounded by "Slums"!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacio View Post
    There are nice spots all over the city, my point was simply that my issue with the city is that you are never far from a shady area, you can't get from A to B without having to venture through a dump, but maybe you can say that about most or even all cities. I couldn't find a place I flt completely comfortable in in my time living there, I think Zona Universitaria was the safest and nicest place I lived, but then I think it has more security and police then anywhere else in the city and so very little crime goes on there, even there though, dumpster barrio on the other side of the road. I never have been much of a city guy though and so I'm probably throwing more negative vibes than I really need to.
    Sorry but the same can be said for 99% of the developed world... With some notable exceptions alone...

I guess not being a "city" type of guy does provide for all the extra negativity posted...

SD is the oldest city in the Dominican Republic and if we take the developmental timeline to task, it really hasn't been more than 25 years ago when real city-like development took over.
    One Dominican at a time please!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast