Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Thoughts on Bella Vista?

    Me and the wifey are moving soon, her family lives their and has a few businesses near by. Every time I visit I fall in love. It seems like a ddecent place to live.

    Thoughts??

  2. #2
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,561
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Which Bella Vista, SD or Sosua?

  3. #3
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sorry.. SD

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,695
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thoughts? It is another part of the city, you can't walk 2 blocks in the cap without having to walk through a dumpend barrio so really nice areas are few and far between. But you have good access to everything, and so from that perspective it is a better area. I fail to see how someone can fall in love with anywhere in the cap, but yes, it is a nicer zone.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,695
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I used to live off lincoln, Zona Universitaria, Miramar and Gazcue over about 3 years, I don't like or live in the city anymore.

  6. #6
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    635
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default los cacicazgo

    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacio View Post
    I used to live off lincoln, Zona Universitaria, Miramar and Gazcue over about 3 years, I don't like or live in the city anymore.
    Anastacio,I thought that los cacicazgos was surrounded by other nicer areas,so in a sense,th might not to be near any dumps.This I read in the forum,haven't observed this myself.Is it true? Also somebody mentioned that gazcue has some shady parts

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I like Bella Vista. I live there now (about two blocks from the mall). They are also building a new Body Shop gym here, which just opened. There is a lot of construction currently in the area, as new apartment buildings are replacing the old houses that were here before.

    This area is definitely an area in transition, from older residential into newer apartments/condos. I've never had any problems with the people around here and like the community feel (especially at the Dume's on Defillo and Cesar Augusto Roque, which is beside my apartment).

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,695
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nyc dad View Post
    Anastacio,I thought that los cacicazgos was surrounded by other nicer areas,so in a sense,th might not to be near any dumps.This I read in the forum,haven't observed this myself.Is it true? Also somebody mentioned that gazcue has some shady parts
    There are nice spots all over the city, my point was simply that my issue with the city is that you are never far from a shady area, you can't get from A to B without having to venture through a dump, but maybe you can say that about most or even all cities. I couldn't find a place I flt completely comfortable in in my time living there, I think Zona Universitaria was the safest and nicest place I lived, but then I think it has more security and police then anywhere else in the city and so very little crime goes on there, even there though, dumpster barrio on the other side of the road. I never have been much of a city guy though and so I'm probably throwing more negative vibes than I really need to.

  9. #9
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    21,792
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    "Los Casicasgos" is a great area.Lots of small,"Older" apartments,and newer "Highrise".Private homes in the area.Supermarkets,shopping centers,and "NOT" surrounded by "Slums"!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

  10. #10
    Platinum
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    11,919
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacio View Post
    There are nice spots all over the city, my point was simply that my issue with the city is that you are never far from a shady area, you can't get from A to B without having to venture through a dump, but maybe you can say that about most or even all cities. I couldn't find a place I flt completely comfortable in in my time living there, I think Zona Universitaria was the safest and nicest place I lived, but then I think it has more security and police then anywhere else in the city and so very little crime goes on there, even there though, dumpster barrio on the other side of the road. I never have been much of a city guy though and so I'm probably throwing more negative vibes than I really need to.
    Sorry but the same can be said for 99% of the developed world... With some notable exceptions alone...

    I guess not being a "city" type of guy does provide for all the extra negativity posted...

    SD is the oldest city in the Dominican Republic and if we take the developmental timeline to task, it really hasn't been more than 25 years ago when real city-like development took over.
    One Dominican at a time please!


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •