Shipping/International Move to Canada

shodgson

Nov 11, 2010
Hello all,

We are coming close to the end of our work contract in the DR and will be moving back to Canada at the end of this year. I am wondering if anyone has a good recommendation for a shipping company that they have used to ship their goods back to Canada.

Looking for safe/reliable service, door-to-door transport, hopefully not too expensive.

We paid about $3200 to ship our goods from Canada originally and expect it will be similar in pricing to that.

Please advise

Thanks,
Shawn

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
Peralta will not ship back to Canada. My brother shipped from DR to Canada in Aug. I'll get the name and number and post it as soon as possible.

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
ok, this is who my brother used. Untitled Document 809-531-2586 / 809-530-4494 Fax: 809-537-0427 They picked up their stuff end of Aug. and have not yet received their stuff.....think they wait until they have a full container. So not sure how reliable they are but the cost was similar to what they paid to have their stuff shipped down. Will let you know if/when they received their goods. Guess they are worth a shot since not many companies are shipping out of the DR. Peralta Bros. told me they don't do it because of the headaches with customs on both ends!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Consolidating isn't unusual.
The local PHL company does that. That's why I always ship/take my stuff to NYC they have ships at least weekly

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
I've actually used Peralta and they were prompt, courteous and everything arrived as promised on the date promised, actually a week early!