hotel in colonial zone

abutt421

Feb 16, 2011
We are volunteers in the southern region looking for a hotel in the colonial zone. We would love to find one with great beds, good location, and a pool. oh, and not out of this world expensive. Anybody have reccomendations? If you know of something outside the colonial zone, but is in an interesting part of town, we would be open to those suggestions as well!
Thanks!

Jan 17, 2009
A pool and great beds will make it expensive. Hotel Palacio.

If you can do without the pool, I'd recommend Hotel Europa. Great location, very decent prices for the area, comfortable beds, breakfast included - if you book online through hotels.com (walk-in rates and the hotel's own website seem to be more expensive for this place than through booking agents).

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Hotel Palacio has free breakfast too. And free air conditioning - some other places xharge extra for A/C

loomiebin

Oct 8, 2011
i found a new place adam suites in the colonial zone. told it is run by an ex pat from miami. looks like nice,
clean, new rooms for thirty dollars a night. pool and bar on roof.

Aug 21, 2007
Oops- I opened Ken's links, then posted my reply on one of the threads he referred to, instead of this one. Thus, this is somewhat of a double posting. We stayed at a small hotel near the conde called El Beaterio. It is a historical building, previously was a convent. It has wonderful charm and is relatively inexpensive, however the rooms are small. And, no pool. There is a lobby/gathering area where people sit, read, play games, have snacks, etc. Breakfast is substantial and is included.

Hotel Beaterio

Lindsey

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have stayed in converted abbeys and convents.

The rooms are small - its part of their life and vow.
Always tiny cubicles -