Dominican film in the running for Oscar

Cineast women are getting recognized. Great. Another movie waiting to buy after this following contender, Nadine Labaki, from Lebanon who is also being a candidate. It is going to be a great spring watching all these movies.
Any Dominican movies to suggest?

Where do we go now? [HD - english subtitles] -

To note that the director is also actress in her second movie as in the first "Caramel"

Plot from Wikipedia: "Where Do We Go Now? tells the story of a Lebanese village inhabited by both Muslims and Christians. The village is isolated from other parts of the country, and the only passage is through a bridge surrounded by land-mines. The women in the village are determined to protect their community from inter-religious fighting, which erupts when a household in the village installs a television. The women try different tactics: after sabotaging the television, they try to distract the men by bringing in East-European girls. Then they drug the men by mixing hashish inside sweet pastry and removing their weapons from the village. Finally they succeed when each woman declares that she is changing her religion, Christian women converting to Islam and vice versa."

Sorry for bringing up Nadine Labaki's latest movie. But, it is great to see women writing and directing movies. About time.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I can't find it online anywhere, but I first heard about Leticia Tonos when I saw her short film "Ysrael" based on a Junot D?az short story.