Hospedaje Yaque de Santiago

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010
Can anyone out there tell me where this market is in Santiago and how to get there from Sosua? :classic:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Do you speak Dominican Spanish? Are you the least bit squeemish? Have you ever been is a marketplace in Nigeria, Bangladesh or Haiti?

If you answered "NO", "YES", and "NO" , then you do not want to go to "Hospedaje Yaque" unless you have a native guide, BWana.

Yes, I have taken people there. I tell them to wear long pants, shirts with sleeves and collars, shoes and socks and a baseball hat. Bug repellant is a must.

Is it interesting? Oh my, is it!! But you need to be prepared. You can get lost inside this ancient market which is itself surrounded by dozens, maybe hundreds of other vendors on the sidewalks and along the streets leading to the market itself.

Just get here, and take a taxi. Tell the driver, "lo pe dah ge"

Or get on 30 de Marzo, turn right on Restauraci?n and go down to the park and turn left on Pedro Hungr?a and go maybe three blocks and park. Start walking to the south and a little east, you can't miss it.

HB

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010
Thanks for the "heads up" and info HB. By the way, did you ever check out that supposedly good mofongo place in Los Jardines near Calle 13 or 15 I believe it was. Let me know ok, thanks again! :)