Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What kind of wedding can I have with 76,000 pesos

I'm planning to get married over there in two years and I'm not sure how much you need to have to get the kind of wedding you would get in New York for 32,000 dollars. I doubt I would spend 32,000 but I am aiming for a big wedding.

Thank you

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

SHALENA

Changed my mind

3. Likes pedrochemical, bri777, Celt202, Africaida liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what you are asking. 76,000 pesos is about US$2000 at present rate of exchange.

I can't imagine anyone spending US$32,000 on a wedding anywhere, but in the DR at present that is close to 1.25 million pesos.

More important if you get married here is making sure it is legal. There was a thread recently with statistics showing that 75% of the weddings here in past were not legal and not registered because the person doing the ceremony was not legally authorized to do so.
    Last edited by Ken; 10-09-2011 at 04:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

In pesos? Not much. Maybe 20 guests, small, out of the way church, not much decoration, a family member doing the video and photoshoot.

HB
    Moderator DR1.com

6. Likes RacerX liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

For 2000.00 sounds like your thinking a resort wedding package.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    In pesos? Not much. Maybe 20 guests, small, out of the way church, not much decoration, a family member doing the video and photoshoot.

HB
    Sounds perfect to me. You wouldnt want more than that anyhow. Keeps the freeloading to a minimum...if it actually happens.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shy123 View Post
    I'm planning to get married over there in two years and I'm not sure how much you need to have to get the kind of wedding you would get in New York for 32,000 dollars. I doubt I would spend 32,000 but I am aiming for a big wedding.

Thank you
    Couple of questions? Are you American marrying a Dominican? American marrying an American? Dominican marrying a Dominican?

Big difference between a $32,000 NY wedding [note to Ken, that's not even a little extravagant by NY/NJ standards] and a $2,000 Dominican wedding - did you leave off some numbers in your peso calculation?

AE

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a Dominican citizen living in NY getting married to another Dominican citizen living in DR. I am not actually going to spend 2,000 dollars for a wedding I am just asking because that is what i have saved to this day. I find a 32,000-36,000 wedding is a big wedding in NY for 120 people. I just wanted to see what kind of wedding you would get for that amount.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont understand what you mean by this

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you clarified that, no sanky panky, just two Dominicans in love. Congratulations.

A lot will depend on where you're planning to have the wedding - SD? Santiago? PC? POP? I think you're smart to start planning and saving now.

We have several DR1 members who have gotten married in DR, one who's planning a wedding [in Santiago I believe] to a Dominican girl, and one who's planning a wedding in Punta Cana [two Americans I believe], so hopefully some of them will either post here or PM you with information.

AE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast