Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Horizons bilingual school

Anybody knows the going tuition rate for New horizons,pre-k and first grade? I sent them an email and got no response and it's not on their website either.ST George seems nice,but I would like non-sectarian and Carol Morgan seems good as well,but I don't think they are worth all that money.Also based on threads here,they said Carol Morgan doesn't have a welcoming environment towards parents.Aside from that,I also read here that New horizons is the only one with a true bilingual program.Any feedback will be greatly appreciated,thanks in advance everyone

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the school for might be : ::: The American School ::: of Santo Domingo

St George is not a religious school. Religion is taught because it is part of the Dominican curriculum. http://www.stgeorge.edu.do/english/INFO_asoc_padres.php
    Last edited by bob saunders; 10-09-2011 at 06:14 PM.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bob

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Hate to hijack this thread, but would love to see tuition rates of what you guys are paying for bilingual schools, specially in Santiago. Ive got a 3 year old that I need to send to school soon.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nyc dad View Post
    Anybody knows the going tuition rate for New horizons,pre-k and first grade? I sent them an email and got no response and it's not on their website either.ST George seems nice,but I would like non-sectarian and Carol Morgan seems good as well,but I don't think they are worth all that money.Also based on threads here,they said Carol Morgan doesn't have a welcoming environment towards parents.Aside from that,I also read here that New horizons is the only one with a true bilingual program.Any feedback will be greatly appreciated,thanks in advance everyone
    I know the gringas that teach there, I shall ask. I don't think any teach lower then 5th grade though.

I'll let you know.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    Sounds like the school for might be : ::: The American School ::: of Santo Domingo
    Not that my opinion has any merit, but EVERY SINGLE gringo teacher I know there is horredous. They are all from Michigan and even though they are the highest paid teachers of the 3 schools that I know, they complain the most for the smallest reasons. They are also very young at 21-22 years old.

2 cents given.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe when teaching their students they are very good.
    I know some teachers that have different "personalities" when teaching,than when socializing.
    Their "youth" can not be used as a negative.Young teachers have less "Burn Out" than some older teachers.
    My 2 cents.
    CC

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have my three kids since 6 years (the oldest one) in New Horizon SANTIAGO. Its true it is the only with a real bilingual program which incl. teaching both cultures : American and Spanish-Dominican.
    Every day 4 ours english teaching 4 ours Spanish teaching.
    From my point of view it is the best school I can get here in Santiago for my children.
    Prices depends , you can earn up to 10 % by paying in advance, but count with about US$ 4000 to start with.Add uniform, books and other material some US$ 1000.
    The school is very personal, you can easy get contact with the owner family who is directly involved in the daily business.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kampinge View Post
    I have my three kids since 6 years (the oldest one) in New Horizon SANTIAGO. Its true it is the only with a real bilingual program which incl. teaching both cultures : American and Spanish-Dominican.
    From my point of view it is the best school I can get here in Santiago for my children.
    Prices depends , you can earn up to 10 % by paying in advance, but count with about US$ 4000 to start with.Add uniform, books and other material some US$ 1000.
    The school is very personal, you can easy get contact with the owner family who is directly involved in the daily business.
    WOW. Added to my "101 Reasons to be single" list LOL

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kampinge View Post
    Is that $4000US for the school year per child?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast