New Horizons bilingual school

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
Anybody knows the going tuition rate for New horizons,pre-k and first grade? I sent them an email and got no response and it's not on their website either.ST George seems nice,but I would like non-sectarian and Carol Morgan seems good as well,but I don't think they are worth all that money.Also based on threads here,they said Carol Morgan doesn't have a welcoming environment towards parents.Aside from that,I also read here that New horizons is the only one with a true bilingual program.Any feedback will be greatly appreciated,thanks in advance everyone

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Hate to hijack this thread, but would love to see tuition rates of what you guys are paying for bilingual schools, specially in Santiago. Ive got a 3 year old that I need to send to school soon.

EverythingJeff

Oct 31, 2010
www.facebook.com
Anybody knows the going tuition rate for New horizons,pre-k and first grade? I sent them an email and got no response and it's not on their website either.ST George seems nice,but I would like non-sectarian and Carol Morgan seems good as well,but I don't think they are worth all that money.Also based on threads here,they said Carol Morgan doesn't have a welcoming environment towards parents.Aside from that,I also read here that New horizons is the only one with a true bilingual program.Any feedback will be greatly appreciated,thanks in advance everyone

I know the gringas that teach there, I shall ask. I don't think any teach lower then 5th grade though.

I'll let you know.

EverythingJeff

Oct 31, 2010
www.facebook.com

Not that my opinion has any merit, but EVERY SINGLE gringo teacher I know there is horredous. They are all from Michigan and even though they are the highest paid teachers of the 3 schools that I know, they complain the most for the smallest reasons. They are also very young at 21-22 years old.

2 cents given.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Maybe when teaching their students they are very good.
I know some teachers that have different "personalities" when teaching,than when socializing.
Their "youth" can not be used as a negative.Young teachers have less "Burn Out" than some older teachers.
My 2 cents.
CC

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
I have my three kids since 6 years (the oldest one) in New Horizon SANTIAGO. Its true it is the only with a real bilingual program which incl. teaching both cultures : American and Spanish-Dominican.
Every day 4 ours english teaching 4 ours Spanish teaching.
From my point of view it is the best school I can get here in Santiago for my children.
Prices depends , you can earn up to 10 % by paying in advance, but count with about US$ 4000 to start with.Add uniform, books and other material some US$ 1000.
The school is very personal, you can easy get contact with the owner family who is directly involved in the daily business.

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
I have my three kids since 6 years (the oldest one) in New Horizon SANTIAGO. Its true it is the only with a real bilingual program which incl. teaching both cultures : American and Spanish-Dominican.
From my point of view it is the best school I can get here in Santiago for my children.
Prices depends , you can earn up to 10 % by paying in advance, but count with about US$ 4000 to start with.Add uniform, books and other material some US$ 1000.
The school is very personal, you can easy get contact with the owner family who is directly involved in the daily business.

WOW. Added to my "101 Reasons to be single" list LOL

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011

Is that $4000US for the school year per child?

J Espanol

Feb 28, 2011
I'm not sure if you have you have looked into other schools. MC School is around $5,000 a year for each child and all classes are in english.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
A friend suggested I put her in a Spanish only private school for the first few years. Thoughts?

Since she already speaks English I see no harm as long as you guys continue at home. Colegio Anunciacion is very close to where you guys will live and the tuition is economical. She will be happy and well taken care of.

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
As higher the grade as much expensive it is. For my three I paid US$ 14000 in total +add. US 1000 each for books and uniform.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Whatever you do, ask the school in question to see the approval by US or European school systems. I just learned of a school here where one of the teachers discovered she, and one colleague were the only accredited teachers.

In other words, people paid big bucks, for a piece of paper not worth wiping your ass with....

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Anyone have any input on Saint David School on Santiago? There rates are from $9,000RD - $10,500RD per month per child with a $22KRD registration fee.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
saint david is not very good, their curriculum is confusing and pretty much against most pedagogical standards. also, their prices are lowed, but they charge for everything and it seems liket hey're always asking for more money for SOMETHING. and they pay their teachers nothing.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
saint david is not very good, their curriculum is confusing and pretty much against most pedagogical standards. also, their prices are lowed, but they charge for everything and it seems liket hey're always asking for more money for SOMETHING. and they pay their teachers nothing.

Thanks. Could you elaborate a bit more about their difference in standards? Which school in Santiago would you recommend?