Carros publicos

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It would be silly!
There are great buses and taxis which are built for such a trip. Those public cars are not in very good condition, so I would suggest that you revise your travel plans. Go early in the morning or take the last bus in the evening.

And there is a guy there--known to all--that provides excellent service. Find him!
HB

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
yep. I did it on Wednesday. You take a concho from Nagua to San Francisco 130 pesos direct. Then the SFM-Santiago bus 120 pesos. I wouldnt be in no concho at night when you can take a safe bus.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
RAcer: Nagua-SFM is a piece of cake. Sosua-Nagua is a much longer, much less traveled route. You are a male, I think, and this is a female, I believe. Different issues here. And even you would not go publico at night!!

Bus or taxi only...

HB

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
You can easily travel from Sosua to Rio San Juan in carro publico, - I am not sure but I'd expect there to be a station where you can switch to a taxi going to Nagua, or first to Cabrera if there isn't a direct one. It can get very crowded at 7 passengers in a small car but I actually never felt unsafe in a carro publico, even in the middle of the night.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you take one to Rio S. Juan, you can get one to Nagua from there pretty easy. But I would not go at night.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
RAcer: Nagua-SFM is a piece of cake. Sosua-Nagua is a much longer, much less traveled route. You are a male, I think, and this is a female, I believe. Different issues here. And even you would not go publico at night!!

Bus or taxi only...

HB

She better be a female with a name like snow white. Ha! well, i wrote the post before i read her entire plan. SHould she go from Sosua to Santiago and Santiago to Nagua on the bus, she should know the road is under construction somewhere along there so traffic comes to a halt behind like 20 dump trucks and steamrollers.

All together that is like 360 pesos one way, I think 135 from Sosua to Santiago on Javilla Tours and then when she get to 30 de Marzo she can transfer across the street to the Nagua Bus 225 pesos. If she leaves Sosua on the 6am bus she can be in Nagua by 1130am.