Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How hard to prove marriage fruad?

So this buddy of mine marries a knockout Dominicana six months ago. Buys a house. Her children start out two, then three, then four. Lady turns into a dragona and starts disappearing two or three nights a week. "Can't remember" where she slept. He's ready to dump the deal and wants to keep the money he paid for the house. (paid cash) He's American (told him not to) Does he have a leg to stand on?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

need more info. is this in the DR or afuera?

Post Thanks / Like

In DR. He's in the US two weeks and back here two weeks a month.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a good arrangement to start with. How long did he know this woman before he became so generous? HOw many kids does she have versus she said she had? Odd details you have here.

Did he literally marry her or she just moved in with him? Is his name on the deed or is it joint?

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

And did he buy the house before or after he married her?

AE

Post Thanks / Like

Both their names on the title. He had to use her bank account to wire money to from the States. He didn't have his Cedula yet.
    First payment made before matrimony. Last payment made after.
    God yes it's a bad arrangemnt. That's why I'm trying to help him get out of it.
    Poor schmuck loves her. "Because she loves me for what I am". He believes all that propaganda put out by the dating services about how you can "find a nice Dominican woman". I know he shoulda looked this horse in the mouth and other places.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

He needs a lawyer. I'd check with theGuzman firm. If they don't handle cases like this ask them to recommend and competent and honest lawyer who does.

8. Likes AnnaC liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope you manage to get you friend sorted out - it sounds like he could do with a good friend.

But where was the fraud?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you with certainty that the house will be split down the middle. It happened to someone I know. The court will tell him to sell it and give her half.

But if there is no buyer for a long while, she may take much less as a settlement. As these scavengers like cash in hand. So that would be a good strategy.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    He needs a lawyer. I'd check with theGuzman firm. If they don't handle cases like this ask them to recommend and competent and honest lawyer who does.
    Do you work for Guzman firm Ken?

12. Likes SKY liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast