Claro Codetel - On line support chat - Only in the DR!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Returned from a trip yesterday to find that my telephone service is not working ( Internet is working fine ) on my VIP DSL.

I tried the on line chat help function yesterday and today. It is the Chat de Soporte option at the URL below. Nobody ever responds. Another "Only in the DR" item for that long list.

Centro de Atenci?n y Servicio al Cliente de Codetel

So, we called in to the support line at 809-220-1111 using a cell phone and were able to get a report number using their automated system. I wonder if they will actually read those report numbers and respond? I can see it now: "We tried to call you and nobody ever answered so we didn't know what to do. " I suspect we will eventually have service restored in several days after numerous reports.

Feb 7, 2007
When you made both automated report and a report via a representative, in both cases they ask you for a phone number where you can be reached ...

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
I have been having an absolutely wonderful day trying to get some service at Claro Codetel myself. I went to the local office here in Bani: HUGE MISTAKE. The @X*$@*!! manager told me that since I was not Dominican, I would not be able to understand how the business here works, and that I simply needed to pay. This was after being told conflicting answers previously, which led me to ask to speak to the manager.

So, I called customer service. I already learned: don't go through the button pushing options. First, press the * key for English. Very quickly, you will be transferred to an live person. It's actually easier than in the US. The live person on the phone was so nice that I asked to speak to her supervisor so I could compliment her. She didn't necessarily resolve the situation, but after being treated so rudely, I at least appreciated her demeanor.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Returned from a trip yesterday to find that my telephone service is not working ( Internet is working fine ) on my VIP DSL.

We ALWAYS call Codetel and put in a trouble report 2 days BEFORE we come back from any trip..........That way we will be assured that the phone and internet is working when we return! JUST FOR GENERAL PRINCIPLE LOL

This is because of years of coming back from a trip and not haveing service and then being without it again for 3 days while they fix it!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Returned from a trip yesterday to find that my telephone service is not working ( Internet is working fine ) on my VIP DSL. .................

Another "Only in the D.R." is that you have no local D.R. phone service,
.... but since you have Internet you can use MagicJack to call the U.S. :cool: Cool!