Expats in Crime in the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I think that Pichardos thread regarding Expat crime in the D.R. was one of his better ones. I think that it IS important that everyone learns that just because they are from the same background that they may not be the best person to be friends with.

The D.R. has been a place that not so nice people have come to live and have not changed just from being here. I learned a long time ago to be more careful of the expat then the Dominican. I'm glad that Interpol and the D.R. are working together and showing some results. I also suspect that the D.R. side is picking up alot of property and assets by doing so.

I think that some research in the last couple of years will show that more and more, the crimes against expat is from another expat. The drug trade in the D.R. would NOT and be in the D.R. if not for the expat.

IMHO. Open the thread again and let's see what happens.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
While certainly informative I think most people that live here in the DR would have figured out by now that that good and bad people come from all corners of the world. At any rate, if we started publishing all the Dominicans deported here from the US and all the crimes the politicians commit DR1 might not have enough server space.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I thought it was worthwhile too and cannot see why it should have been closed.

Matilda

Last edited:

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
personally
I want to see Pichardo posting pictures of local criminals that are being punished for doing fraud or any murders!

at least we take care of ours
what are you doing ?
Manu

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I do not agree that expats are causing the crimes against other expats ,,From my own experiences and that of all my non Dominican friends, all the assaults and all the robberies were at the hands of Dominicans or Haitians, although there are many occasions of the former employees making the crime ..
I am sure it is more important than ever to be very street wise and have good security in the house and in the car all through the country

justdoit

May 3, 2011
Picardo,
What's your point? Spell it out, translate it.... Btw, your pics ( not the ones of criminals ) are pretty good!
I agree with the moderator, close this garbage.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
I do not agree that expats are causing the crimes against other expats ,,From my own experiences and that of all my non Dominican friends, all the assaults and all the robberies were at the hands of Dominicans or Haitians, although there are many occasions of the former employees making the crime ..
I am sure it is more important than ever to be very street wise and have good security in the house and in the car all through the country

Nothing of the sort was said. Pichardo was showing news reports of people who commited crimes abroad and fled tp the DR.

There is rarely expat on expat violent crime. Except for a few murders. Most are fraud crimes.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Honestly now that I think of it maybe posting this would scare some of the gringo creeps off the island.

To really make this place better we would still need to add the Dominican criminals sent here from the US and the Dominican politicians who rob their people blind.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Nothing of the sort was said. Pichardo was showing news reports of people who commited crimes abroad and fled tp the DR.

There is rarely expat on expat violent crime. Except for a few murders. Most are fraud crimes.

Or fundraisers..just search dental clinic and Puerta Plata on dr1!

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
This is strictly a Dominican problem, but something that is beyond the scope of this site. The island has always been a haven for international criminals to run and hide, so a discussion as to why these types run to the DR to hide is certainly something that would make for an interesting debate. So if anyone wants to start such a thread, that would be fine.

As for PICHARDO'S thread, it was basically a mishmash of dated criminal profiles with no organization or objective commentary whatsoever. Just putting up random posts and photos accomplishes nothing. One would think these criminals are here corrupting the DR, but they are here with the duplicity of Dominican authorities-from the police, to the politicians to the banks that take their money with little to no questions asked and the realtors that sell them property.

Having said that, I am in agreement with Hlywud that this type of thread is useless.

CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.