Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best place to live

Does anyone have any recommendations on a good place to live in the DR, preferably something like Sosua, only without the prostitution, or less of it?

Like Sosua in the sense of small, walkable, affordable rental apartments, cosmopolitan population, beach, variety of restaurants, good for riding a bicycle, and not too difficult to get to.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Brazil?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always thought that Cabrera would be pleasant to live in , and if you do not mind the high rainfall, las Terrenas . But I thought the prostitution in Sosua had been much reduced . Rio san Juan is also nice

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Brazil?
    Are you quite sure that is in the DR?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Must check out Cabrera. Have been to Las Terrenas a few years ago and liked it, but I wonder if it is not more expensive.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything sucks compared to Santiago.
    I'm just sayin'

SHALENA

7. Likes badpiece33 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

And where are the comparative places you have lived? Just so we all know what we are looking at. I think if you are going to give a "sucks" judgment, you should have at least visited there for a period of time. I'm just sayin'.

I personally like Sosua. There is a diverse population of Dominican and various ex-pat communities, with enough to do to be interesting and small enough to walk around without much difficulty.

9. Likes Bronxboy, curlando liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

La Romana is getting quite cosmopolitan ... good restaurants, beach nearby (casa de campo and bayahibe), freeway nearby, mostly good power, affordable rent if you know where to look for, easy to get to Santo Domingo, several large shopping centers (Jumbo, Iberia, Plaza Lama, Orense), good nightlife (lots of venues), several theatre halls, and the population is more "internationalized" (lots of Italians and Spaniards) but with Dominican prices, and it's also very clean. It's a good place. I should now, I am opening a TV station there ...

11. Likes Chip, Chennifer liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Las Terrenas is the most beautiful place on the island to live. Best beaches. But it depends what you want....You can live there very cheap or very expensive. We lived there last year with our family and rented a villa on the beach and we loved it. Now we live in the city. LT is also a big party town if you want it and lots of expats, Italians, French, and many other countries; Americans are the smallest
    number..about 20.

13. Likes Squat, ben jammin liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rick3993 View Post
    Las Terrenas is the most beautiful place on the island to live. Best beaches. But it depends what you want....You can live there very cheap or very expensive. We lived there last year with our family and rented a villa on the beach and we loved it. Now we live in the city. LT is also a big party town if you want it and lots of expats, Italians, French, and many other countries; Americans are the smallest
    number..about 20.
    Does Las Terrenas have wireless Internet availability? I liked the area and remember riding out to Limon on a scooter one evening. What would be considered an affordable rent for a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment there?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast