Coffee table books on DR

jabuti

Mar 13, 2011
Hi folks,

I am searching online for a coffee table-style book on la Zona Colonial with no avail. Not a single one listed anywhere, in English, espa?ol or franc?s. :confused:

I am also open to recommendations on any other nice DR books. The series from Centro Cuesta featuring Saman? caught my eye while there. There is a naturaleza themed one called "Hispaniola" which looks nice.

But seriously, not one on Zona Colonial? Or am I missing some specialty online retailer that will ship to the US? Google has not been my friend.

Shoulda investigated while in Santiago, I know... :cry: Thanks in advance.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I bought one years ago, probably out of print. Published 1988. Is called Pais de Sol Y Sonrisas, [Country of Sun and Smiles] big coffee table book on the Dominican Republic. I think the text is in 2-3 languages, beautiful photos. It's in my upstairs bookcase and I'm too lazy to climb the stairs to check :D

I did a quick search of the internet and only found one copy available, in Belgium: PAIS DE SOL Y SONRISAS: GARCIA WIFREDO & SCHEIDIG WOLGANG - AbeBooks - Librairie l'Aspidistra

You might find a copy in a bookstore somewhere in DR!

AE

jabuti

Mar 13, 2011
Thanks for your suggestion! I wish I had filled a suitcase with all the books I saw while there. :(

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Anything by Wilfredo or Domingo Batista is worth having. Julio Gonzalez published a beautiful book on Santiago in the 1970s...

HB