New location of Ramon's 'El Rocon'

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
I just discovered that the owner of the first shuttered, then destroyed 'El Rocon' has reopened a smaller venue at the original entrance off of the main road to his old place. Same menu and chef. Apparently it's been there for a year, but while I occasionally drove to the old place (via a shortcut) looking to see if it had reopened, I never took the original entrance, and thus never saw it until today.
For those who might be interested, Ramon says that, despite having title (and 'deslinda') he was dispossessed by a gringo from Pennsylvania(?) and two generals!. The issue is apparently 'in the courts'. Ramon did not appear to be optimistic as to a speedy resolution.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Going from Cabarete towards Sosua you take a right turn from the main highway across from the development of Costa Azul. It is the same road that used to lead to El Rocon. The turn is after Kite Beach and before Encuentro. Go a few hundred meters down that road and the restaurant El Kiosko is in the right side. It is a much smaller establishment than was El Rocon.

torrock

Jun 5, 2006
Been to Kiosko ... beer was ice cold and the grilled fish looked amazing (while there, we were told the chef is the best in the area) ... I will definitely be back to try that fish!

torrock

Jun 5, 2006
Coming from Sosua, I watch for the point where main road gets close to the ocean again ... at that point you should see the (tall) Kiosko sign by the main road.