Simple robbery method

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
One of our clients of the clinic in santo domingo was robbed in the day time, right at her secured home.
here is how it went:
He phone service got suddenly disconnected for no apparent reason. She calls codetel and she is promised that some one will come to check her line in 2-5 working days. To her surprise, codetel technicians came the same day. She was so happy to see them come and restore her line and internet service. She let them in through the gate and doors, just to find out, they were not from codetel. Guns were pulled out and the rich lady was robbed clean of all her valuables. Turns out, these guys were the same people who were responsible for cutting off her phone wires outside.
So there you have it, new trick.
AZB

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Ask the repair men for the report number

And I feel robbed every month by the genuine Codetel!!

This is timely because I had a service outage this week after returning from a trip the phone was down, but the Internet was still up. Fortunately they fixed the problem without a need to visit my property.

One way to protect yourself is to ask the repair men for the report number you received from Codetel. If they cannot tell you that number do not let them in.

One of our clients of the clinic in santo domingo was robbed in the day time, right at her secured home.
here is how it went:
He phone service got suddenly disconnected for no apparent reason. She calls codetel and she is promised that some one will come to check her line in 2-5 working days. To her surprise, codetel technicians came the same day. She was so happy to see them come and restore her line and internet service. She let them in through the gate and doors, just to find out, they were not from codetel. Guns were pulled out and the rich lady was robbed clean of all her valuables. Turns out, these guys were the same people who were responsible for cutting off her phone wires outside.
So there you have it, new trick.
AZB

Sounds like some deported felons from NYC, That type of robbery very common up here a few years back.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The first thing that any Codetel technician would do would check the integrity of the line out in front of the street first.

Therefore, if some Codetel guy wants to come inside the house immediately be suspicious and call the Codetel line to see if they had been dispatched to your house.

I also doubt any thief would want to call attention to others in the neighborhood by going up a pole because he never knows who might be coming by, like a real Codetel technician - and they all know eachother that work in the same sector - so by default I expect them to immediately try to get into the property after arriving.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If they are from Codetel they would be driving one of the Codetel trucks they use all the time. Just look for that before even considering letting anyone in.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I get "Robbed" of 15,000 pesos every month,and the electric company doesn't even come to my house!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
And I feel robbed every month by the genuine Codetel!!

This is timely because I had a service outage this week after returning from a trip the phone was down, but the Internet was still up. Fortunately they fixed the problem without a need to visit my property.

One way to protect yourself is to ask the repair men for the report number you received from Codetel. If they cannot tell you that number do not let them in.

Big difference between feeling robbed and being robbed at gun point. Believe me cause I know what I'm talking about, been victim of both.