Sigh!! Adding to the dr drama! Need help too

provitel21

Oct 14, 2011
Hello,

I have been married to a Dominican Woman for the past 4 Years...First Year was great, then she changed..No affection, she stopped working, etc..Long story short, its been hell now! I allowed her to pay our bills being I'm on a fixed income and she seemed to manage money very well...However, I just found out that I am now 2 Months behind on many things, started by a call from my landlord..I have no idea what happen to this money, and I got no straight answers either..Overall, I told her she needs to leave, she has a 5 Year old as well, her parents live just a few blocks away on the same street..The reason? She took a job from a lady that is on sick leave for a few weeks and has not helped pay anything!! My electric got turned off last week which I had to borrow 4,000 from a friend to get it turned back on..That's another story! Seems its being robbed coming in at 10,000 peso's when it was always 4,000 - 5,000 pesos'.,,,Its being investigated so I'm told..So, we now owe 17,500 to the Electric Company and I'm very worried that they will turn it off again before I get my deposit next Month..If so, I'm done! I have no money at all right now...That Said, she has kept her money to herself over the past 2 Months, and I have asked her many times to at least pay XYZ..My phone is now suspended, only can receive inbound..I assume the Internet will be cut soon as well..I am now trying to sell a few things being a Dining room table, and of course she states its her table!! Get that! Hers!! I paid 68,000 at Serina for it and will sell it for 38,000 once I can afford to post it here on DR1..All that said, how do I get her to leave?? I am all set here folks..I paid for everything I have in cash when I first came here..She came into this marriage with nothing! Also and this was a for sure sign of things..She never wanted a ring, nor wedding rings, and she never picked up our wedding photos that I paid for...Just more B/S...I don't understand her at all and I don't care anymore either..I worry that she will do things while she is here with me..For one, she stole my passport and SS card about 4 Months ago..I found my Passport under her kid's bed, SS card is still MIA and she just plays dumb, no idea where it is...

So, I don't know what's her deal, but she must go!! Should I call the Embassy? I don't speak fluent Spanish so the Police are no help, I tried them, they hung up on me 2 times..LOL..Can you believe that!?? Glad it was not a home invasion, I'd be dead..

Please, some advice on this would be very helpful..

Thank You,

Joe

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
The initial spark is gone. Always happens. You are being used and abused. It just gets worst from here. I say, "Run, run as fast as you can." No mention of any kids only "her kids".

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3-Mm7LWQGPQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Telltale sign of a sock puppet-

1) No paragraphs.

2) A story so childish no way it's believable.

3) The story is always from a newbie who then never comes back to tell us how it all ended.

provitel21

Oct 14, 2011
Hey BB...No, thank God! I do feel bad though..We lost back in the beginning one at 4 Months, real horror show...The thing is, I cannot afford to go anywhere, she needs to leave..I also have my Satellite dish setup for my American Football..Like I said, I planned my move out very well, getting all the things I needed to start over as we all do when coming to a new..And I do feel very used right now..I sleep on the coach, her & her son gets my queen bed...If I was in the States and had money I would go and just let the rent fall on her which she would be vacated for non payment..I can't do that here and I happen to like my landlord..That said, would anyone suggest changing the lock on the door while she is at work, perhaps calling her brother to pick up her things..I just don't know, but that's what comes to my mind often..Again, her parents are right down the road, maybe 5 blocks..

provitel21

Oct 14, 2011
How about the giving Joe the benefit of the doubt?

Its okay BB..I took it as a joke..He can't be serious...Who would waste their time on something so serious, I need advice on this before something happens..I don't trust her at all...If I need anything I always have it delievered..I also have a flock of 14 Parakeets which she seems to use clorox very often..I flip out and throw the bucket outside the door..So, I feel she is trying to kill my birds, she knows about those types of fumes!!

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
For the love of God....do not call her brother!
Take every piece of money that you have and leave the country. Go back and stay with friends or family wherever you came from.
I am a woman, and I am telling you....she has someone else, that is where your money is going. Her and her Papi Chulo are stashing it away for just the right time and then THEY will kick YOU out! Get out....

Did I mention, GET OUT?!?

SHALENA

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Its okay BB..I took it as a joke..He can't be serious...

He is. You be surprised the amount of "socks" that try to pull our strings.

I respect Berzin ALOT. He is, at times correct, when he mentions a poster being a sock.

I hope he was not right. :)

provitel21

Oct 14, 2011
Shalena,

Thanks for your reply..I thought the same, but things don;t add up..She is not out past certain times, etc..She a home body, but will stay in our room with her son watching TV there while I am in the living room..I also take her phone often being the home phone is off, no calls or texts..I truly believe she has a split personality or something..Overall, again, fixed income keeps me from doing much of anything,,,I usually would have 20,000 pesos after all is paid, but now I'm out of money by the 15TH living on corner market credit, its that bad. I'm now waiting on some money from my brother via WU, hopefully that will be soon today..Any other thoughts Shalena?

Thanks again

Joe

provitel21

Oct 14, 2011
He is. You be surprised the amount of "socks" that try to pull our strings.

I respect Berzin ALOT. He is, at times correct, when he mentions a poster being a sock.

I hope he was not right. :)

Socks?? Only the ones I put on under my boots...Who would joke about this stuff...I hope to hear from otther members that this has happened too as well, what did they do?? I read quite a few threads, but nothing was that helpful..My other thought besides changingthe lock was contacting the Embassy..I don't know if they could assist me in vacating her or not though..A Lawyer would be good, but again no funds right now until I can at least get my diningroom table sold..Any other thoughts? If I was asked to leave I would! Its called being seperate before divorce!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Its okay BB..I took it as a joke..He can't be serious...Who would waste their time on something so serious, I need advice on this before something happens..I don't trust her at all...If I need anything I always have it delievered..I also have a flock of 14 Parakeets which she seems to use clorox very often..I flip out and throw the bucket outside the door..So, I feel she is trying to kill my birds, she knows about those types of fumes!!

Is today Friday? :laugh: :laugh:

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
situation

Socks?? Only the ones I put on under my boots...Who would joke about this stuff...I hope to hear from otther members that this has happened too as well, what did they do?? I read quite a few threads, but nothing was that helpful..My other thought besides changingthe lock was contacting the Embassy..I don't know if they could assist me in vacating her or not though..A Lawyer would be good, but again no funds right now until I can at least get my diningroom table sold..Any other thoughts? If I was asked to leave I would! Its called being seperate before divorce!

1. Relax. Control your emotions to the extent that you can.

2. Take stock of needs and wants. All you really need is some money. Everything else is a want. Let the table go. The unofficial rule in the DR is that in the breakup, the woman gets the furniture.

3. Move out. Explain to your landlord the situation.

4. Get divorced. It relatively easy and quick. Have no more contact with her

5. Wait 1- 6 months for her to attempt to rekindle things (She's a Dominican....she will try to come back - especially when economic reality becomes apparent to her. Then you have the choice to ignore her or to keep things on a simply physical level.

Conclusion. Her behavior is rather typical. And yes, she could have some emotional issues ...I am convinced that a number of Dominican women do ...but no treatment available there.

provitel21

Oct 14, 2011
Thanks Kdolo,

Seems easy, but I cannot move from here, she needs to go and I would be very selective to give her anything...However, I did advise her that I would help her out from time to time down the road if she would go on her own and soon! She had no comment to that...Overall, its like living with a room mate right now but the enemy..Not healthy at all..

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Shalena,

Thanks for your reply..I thought the same, but things don;t add up..She is not out past certain times, etc..She a home body, but will stay in our room with her son watching TV there while I am in the living room..I also take her phone often being the home phone is off, no calls or texts..I truly believe she has a split personality or something..Overall, again, fixed income keeps me from doing much of anything,,,I usually would have 20,000 pesos after all is paid, but now I'm out of money by the 15TH living on corner market credit, its that bad. I'm now waiting on some money from my brother via WU, hopefully that will be soon today..Any other thoughts Shalena?

Thanks again

Joe

~ Either go get wifey Zoloft for her split personality....or pack your bags and get outta dodge....you only need the passport to leave not the SS....sounds like you making every excuse to STAY and suffer in your own misery....

Last edited:

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Thanks Kdolo,

Seems easy, but I cannot move from here, she needs to go and I would be very selective to give her anything...However, I did advise her that I would help her out from time to time down the road if she would go on her own and soon! She had no comment to that...Overall, its like living with a room mate right now but the enemy..Not healthy at all..

Isn't she legally entitled to 50% of everything you own, including whatever you had prior to the marriage, unless you had a prenup? If you try to kick her out, she and her family that lives very close and probably includes a large number of bad ass primos and tios will feel that you are robbing them blind and I wouldn't want to be there when it happens.

I would try to get some cash from family, move all valuable belongings to self storage and move somewhere quickly.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Listen you need to leave. Seriously for your own good. Do you really trust her enough to be in the same house?? If she is being this shady how do you know she will not try and cause you physical harm or worse yet have someone else do it. Not worth it. IF this is a true story I really believe you could be putting yourself in a VERY bad situation by staying. Right now she has the upper hand so to speak because of your financial situation and PLEASE do not let her know you are expecting any money from family. When you go to get your money just pick it up and keep moving, do not go back to the house. AGAIN if this really a true story!!!!:ermm:

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Do you have any friends here that are not part of her family?

If so, then ask one of them to smack you and knock some sense into your head.
And then see if that person will let you crash at his house for a couple of weeks until you have money in hand.
Otherwise, have your brother purchase you a one-way plane ticket home and see if he will talk some sense into you.
At any rate, if you stay with her, you're only going to make things worse.

Read all the other posts about the same situation, all of whom had the same excuses for staying, and all who eventually reached the same conclusion that moving out was the only answer.