I miss Santiago!

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Is two years now since the last time I visited my beloved town, all my dreams during the last weeks are there....
But my big problem is that I can't go now, will have to wait April 2012 time when I'll be allowed to take a vacation.
I'm sure things are going to be very different down there after a long time, I'll find lot of new constructions but not some of my friends as some of them have passed away or just moved to other places. My though before moving to US was I'll be able to visit DR more frequently but when I've realized all family and work responsibilities here things are very very different....

I enjoy when other people post pictures of Santiago!

JJ

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i miss santiago too, but i have to work in santo domingo. I have never spent a full weekend in santo domingo ever since I have moved here. i religiously spend my weekends in santiago. Bachata, see my backyard video of my santiago home in the video forum.
AZB

jabuti

Mar 13, 2011
I miss the Santiago of late May/early June, when the rains were still around. Cool air would come in at night (along with the cacata). I miss seeing the charming houses standing their guard among all the crowding apartment complexes in Reparto Imperial. Older ladies would sit out on their immaculate patios in the mornings, waving at you.

Here in NC at the moment, the wind is knocking the leaves off the trees before they can turn colors. There are no chickens in the streets. I do not even know if I have anyone living in the apartment beside me.

Two different worlds!

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Join the club, I am going in November, I can bring something back for you since I live in Raleigh too.

SHALENA

Elaine224

Dec 9, 2007
I feel the same way - was born in STI but as many did, my parents migrated over to the New York City when I was about 3 yrs old and would be sent out there for vacation time.

With my husband (of Dominican Descent), we have been living in Santiago de Chile for the past 4.5 yrs. Are currently planning a trip to Santiago after a few years of not seeing my hometown. Hopefully, it will be worth while and we can show my toddler where his roots come from - not that he will understand much now...lolol

Elaine

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Santiago is indeed great - nice people, great weather, safe and economical. It's especially nice now that we are starting to have cool nights. It won't be long before we quit using fans at night.