Santiago

mandymeme

May 28, 2011
We went looking for a furnished apartment and or house a few weeks ago and didnt know about the abagado fee and the 2+1 or 3+1 rental fees. OMG!!!! How can people afford to rent a house?
We are looking for a 3 bedroom furnished for long term at least 6 months. But do not want to pay all these fees.
Any suggestions?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The initial payment of three times the rent is standard and covers the deposit and attorney or realtor fees I believe. If it's too much you just need to look somewhere else. there are many place around the perimeter of Santiago where you can get a house for RD12-15k a month. Otherwise an apartment is an option and they go for 8k to 12k for a nice 3br one.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Can you list the areas around Santiago? Or give more specifics where we can go? Thanks

Homes for rent: Villa Maria and Los Llanos de Gurabo II.

Apt. for rent: Carr. Tigalga and Las Dianas.

If you aren't Dominican don't expect to get the best price. Call my friend Patricio to help if you'd like. Tell him your price range 809-426-8157

N3lly

May 9, 2011
The initial payment of three times the rent is standard and covers the deposit and attorney or realtor fees I believe. If it's too much you just need to look somewhere else. there are many place around the perimeter of Santiago where you can get a house for RD12-15k a month. Otherwise an apartment is an option and they go for 8k to 12k for a nice 3br one.

They cost more if they are furnished and usually the fee for the lawyer is the same to one month rent and in other cases around 5,000 pesos. The owner of the property wants a security deposit (like 1 or 2 months rent) just in case you break something in the property or you decide to stay a couple more months without paying, that happens very often to homeowners they rent and then the people don't want to leave.

My parents have an apartment in Santiago close to Cerros de Gurabao where I used to live and now is rented for 6,ooo DOP to a friend. The apartment has 3 bedrooms but the third one is small passing the kitchen next to the laundry area more like a maid bedroom. My neighbor on the second floor lives in the states and was renting hers completely furnished for 600 or 800 USD. I don't know if she still wants to rent it. The neighborhood is very quiet and close to everything. Los Jardines Metropolitanos always offer apartments for rent half or full furnished

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
Just curious

Hey chip,is that price range in for a nice apartment in Santiago metro area? Also define nice,is it the condition of the apartment,the neighborhood or both? In which areas of Santiago could you find apartments in that price range? Thanks in advance

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Hey chip,is that price range in for a nice apartment in Santiago metro area? Also define nice,is it the condition of the apartment,the neighborhood or both? In which areas of Santiago could you find apartments in that price range? Thanks in advance

I suppose it's a matter of taste. The areas I recommend have newer homes and apartments and are considered good areas. Call my friend Patricio and tell him chip sent you.

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
Thanks much!

I suppose it's a matter of taste. The areas I recommend have newer homes and apartments and are considered good areas. Call my friend Patricio and tell him chip sent you.

I will save his #