Availability of Patanol/Opatanol/Pataday (eye drops) at pharmacy?

Festero

Dec 15, 2002
This question may be right up dv8's alley - but if others with pharmacy experience have info..... por favor!

This is the only eye drop I've found that works for me with the occasional allergies that cause my eyes to itch like hell. Nothing else comes close to relieve the itchy eye symptoms I get sometimes. I've tried nearly all OTC drops and nothing else works as well.

Here are the specifications. Can anyone tell me if these eye drops are available in DR pharmacies, and if so, how much do they cost?

Thanks!

<< PATANOL? (olopatadine hydrochloride ophthalmic solution) 0.1%, also known in many countries as OPATANOL? Solution, is a prescription eye drop used to treat the signs and symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis including itching, redness, chemosis, tearing and lid swelling.

From the same company that brought you PATANOL? Solution, Alcon offers its newest allergy eye drop, PATADAY? (olopatadine hydrochloride ophthalmic Solution) 0.2%, which is known in some markets as PATANOL? S Solution.>>

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have found a reliable way to order meds needed on line. The product you need, oloptadine HCL, is not cheap at $29.36 US for 15ml.

BetterLifePharmacy.Com

If you cannot find it locally is the above link competitive? Normally they are much less expensive than other sources.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
patanol and patanol s are both available. 650 pesos each.
always ask for a descuento :)

Festero

Dec 15, 2002
Thanks, windeguy and dv8!

I am happy to hear it is available at a more reasonable price than here in the US, as many drugs are. It usually cost me around U$30, so at RD$ 650 it's nearly half price. I'll plan on stocking up.

It really is a miracle eye drop for some types of eye allergies.