Cabarete in March

jr33

Sep 8, 2009
Im visiting DR Cabarete kite beach late march 2011 and want to know what it will generaly be like around that time? weather, how busy the beach is, nightlife and stuff.. general info really.
Also any good spots to go at night, activities to do in the day or food spots as im travelling with five other guys and we want to do as much as possible.
Thanks in advance Jr.

CLI

Jul 13, 2008
In my opinion, March is the most pleasant time of year. Sunny and warm (but not too hot!). It's usually busy around town. Since Easter week is the first week of April, I'm assuming late March will be busy and the ambiance will be fun. Cabarete Bay is big, so it never feels crowded, even on Sundays when people from the cities come up for a day trip. The most popular clubs and bars in Cabarete right now are Ojo, Onno's, Bambu, and Lax. Definitely places a group of guys will enjoy! For daytime activities, I highly recommend canyoning (waterfall rappelling and jumping), river kayaking (awesome day trip in the countryside), and the catamaran tour. Contact for canyoning and kayaking is info@kayakriveradventures.com La Boca is a cool beach close to Cabarete where the river meets the ocean. Have fun!

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
just to add some wind info onto the reply above:
last year, from what i remember, the wind was not great in march. In fact, it didnt really get good until june. Before that there were some goodish spells, but i was still mostly using my bigger kite (11m). since june i have only used my 8m! Though things have gone rather quiet again the last few weeks.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
having just reread the OP, you dont actually say that you are here to kite, just that you're staying at KB...in which case, my analysis of the wind situation can be disregarded!

Preston

Nov 13, 2011
JR33,

If any of you are NCAA basketball fans, then I highly recommend watching the Semifinals on March 31 with me at Jose O'Shay's. This is, IMO, the best sports bar on the beach. Go Giants!

Preston

Preston

Nov 13, 2011
Go Packers, Preston. There's a new sports bar in Sosua to check out also.

LOL! All right, RV! What's the name of this sportsbar and where is it? I'm not familiar with Sosua but I'm always open to try new places!

2thebeach

May 7, 2010
Trip advisor has alot of info on activities available. There are reviews so you can see what people really think.