looking for a good spanish teacher

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
As it says on the tin really...

any recommendations? preferably someone who doesnt just laboriously 'follow the book' and can mix things up a little (oral, listening, grammar) and maybe even respond to the individual needs of the student??

Currently going to a guy in Cabarete. Not bad but endless grammar which is not the best way to learn a language in my opinion :(

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
I go the the Spanish Center in Sosua. She does a good job and will tailor your classes to your needs. She also has a school in Cabarete and will do Skype lessons as well. You can either pm me or google The Spanish Center for more info.

Coralia

Mar 30, 2007
www.myspace.com
I know a very good teacher, who teach privately...my friends and people i know they speak, write and read fluently Spanish after 5 months but you need to go everyday..just pm, he is situated at La Mulata, between Sosua and Cabarete....ciao 4 now and good luck....Coralia "BB"

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Where is the Spanish Center located?
I went to their website but would love a landmark.

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
There is a road that runs alongside the Finca restaurant, across from the radio tower that is next to Baileys. At the end of that road on the right you will find the school.
Where is the Spanish Center located?
I went to their website but would love a landmark.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Coralia, can you pm me with details of the teaher in La Mulata and any more information you may have about him/her? Thanks.

CLI

Jul 13, 2008
I am the Director of Cabarete Language Institute. I think you will really enjoy our school, Vinyasa. Our teachers are experienced and certified language teachers. Classes are fun and effective. We balance theory with practice and focus on oral communication (unless, of course, a student has a special request). Check out our website. Residents receive a 10% discount off listed rates.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
I am the Director of Cabarete Language Institute. I think you will really enjoy our school, Vinyasa. Our teachers are experienced and certified language teachers. Classes are fun and effective. We balance theory with practice and focus on oral communication (unless, of course, a student has a special request). Check out our website. Residents receive a 10% discount off listed rates.

I dont doubt that the teaching is good...but i just cant afford $22.50/hour.
Still holding out for a good, yet affordable teacher

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I'm also waiting to hear about the teacher someone mentioned in La Mulata available in afternoons? Anyone have information? A name? Number? Where, when? Thanks so much. Ro