Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default flight advice ..

Hey guys!

i am travelling to the DR for a winter break between my seasons at work..

i will be going for 3 months..
    is it best to get a 3 month return flight.?
    or
    buy a normal week flight and just stay and return on a different flight?

any helpful advice wanted.
    thanks!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends on the airline,and the clerk who checks you in.Some airlines/clerks require you to have a return flight paid for before you can board your flight to the DR.
    cc

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are confident about your dates - yes, why not book a r/t ticket?

No problem booking a 3 month return date and the incoming r/t ticket possible problem is solved.

If you cannot be certain about your exit date - the advice above will work.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys.. should have put more info... im british.. and will be flying to the DR on m british passport..where the slight worry cos of the visa situation... but i know you can pay a fine if u stay over the 30days right?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks ricky..
    im a worrier anyway.. but i know that this is what i want to do.. i know you need to fly with a return ticket.. but i think my worry is that if i buy a 3 month return that they would reject me as i land cos its over the 30 day tourist visa.. lol if you get my drift!.. silly worries.? i dont know! but im grateful for the chat support and advice!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dandudette View Post
    thanks guys.. should have put more info... im british.. and will be flying to the DR on m british passport..where the slight worry cos of the visa situation... but i know you can pay a fine if u stay over the 30days right?

Buy a return, if you don't you will end up buying a three way, a return now and a single to get back, this will cost you more or less double what you need to pay. Your fine for 3 months is only going to be RD500pesos the cost of two airport beers.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks giveadogahome....
    advice taken andd noted.. now just to sort out my flight!!
    all advice much appreciated!! good friends always needed for this kind of stuff so thanks again

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't worry

There are an awful lot of people who overstay their 30 day welcome, including myself and my husband. A lot of people choose the DR to spend their Winters away from the cold and stay several months.
    The "penalty" for staying 3 months is RD$ 1000. I don't think the DR cares too much how long you stay as long as you pay when you exit. They want your cash!
    If your airline lets you book a 3 months return ticket, go for it and pay the exit fee!

9. Likes arrugala liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks snow bird! my only down fall is the 27hour travel to get there haha! worth it though

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

27 hours?? Yikes! Where on earth are you living? That is worse than my son visiting from Japan! lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast