air fares DR to Bogota, Columbia,

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I have been looking for a reasonable air fare from any airport to Bogota. They all seem to be about 850. I am searching for a friend who does not have a US passport so Miami-Columbia is out. Even months ahead its still high. Anyone have an idea? Maybe Im cheap but for a short flight it seems to be a lot of money.

GALK

Mar 12, 2006
Bought a return ticket with Avianca for US$ 701,00 approx. 10 days ago, 5 days before travelling. (BOG-SDQ-BOG)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i would love to go to bogota but i must wait. work and make some money. I love colombia.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
this seems like the rainy season in colombia so get ready to get your hair wet. It rains a lot in bogota these days. Do not use hotel phone to call DR, or even local numbers unless it states clearly that local land lines (bogota numbers) are free. Go outside and look for call centers (cabinas) where you can make long distance calls for cheap. Calling DR cell will be more expensive than calling DR land lines. So make sure you do not call cell line of your "mi-esposo" unless you have to. Take a unlocked phone and get a comcel (colombian famous cell company) sim card for your cell phone. Now you have a local number there. Your "mi-exposo" can call you directly. Make sure comcell will give you free minutes with the purchase of sim card. They usually have an offer. There are internet cafes all over but if you use them then chances are some pcs will have a key logger program installed which will enable some tigre to rob your passwords. Use your own laptop in hotel's wifi. use gmail phone to make free calls if your family in DR has american number (example: magicjack).
If you must go out for night life, stay in parque 93 or zona rosa T area. All you ever want is there and safe.
AZB