Wanted: Renowned world brain surgeon for charity work

Feb 7, 2007
I came to the conclusion, that there is no hope for many Dominicans. Unless a world renown brain surgeon comes down here and performs a marathon of free brain surgeries.

On my 5 km drive through Higuey back and forth (total 10 kms) and counting a zillion of motorcycles and passolas, I must sadly say that only 7 (read: seven) of the riders had helmet. When there were AMET raids, most of the riders had the helmet, at least in the central zone of the city. About 2-3 months ago the raids stopped, and now there are virtually none of the riders with their helmet on.

Besides, it is not unusual to frequently see "unbelievable behavior" of motorcyclists on a daily basis, such as:
1) a motorcycle speeding at about 80 km/h at night, no lights, in a residential area
2) a motorcycle running the red light at night, on a major intersection, squeezing in between two (fully visible) vehicles crossing the intersection at that time on their green light
3) a motorcycle rider running a red light on a major intersection at noon, closely avoiding collision with an oncoming traffic, losing balance and almost running over an AMET officer - he actually hit him, but just lightly

... all this in the past 48 hours.

No hope for GREAT NUMBER of Dominicans. Brain surgeon wanted to do charity work.

Jul 4, 2010
After laughing at this ridiculous proposition, comes to mind the following biblical quote: "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?" Matthew 7:3

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I came to the conclusion, that there is no hope for many Dominicans. Unless a world renown brain surgeon comes down here and performs a marathon of free brain surgeries.

On my 5 km drive through Higuey back and forth (total 10 kms) and counting a zillion of motorcycles and passolas, I must sadly say that only 7 (read: seven) of the riders had helmet. When there were AMET raids, most of the riders had the helmet, at least in the central zone of the city. About 2-3 months ago the raids stopped, and now there are virtually none of the riders with their helmet on.

Besides, it is not unusual to frequently see "unbelievable behavior" of motorcyclists on a daily basis, such as:
1) a motorcycle speeding at about 80 km/h at night, no lights, in a residential area
2) a motorcycle running the red light at night, on a major intersection, squeezing in between two (fully visible) vehicles crossing the intersection at that time on their green light
3) a motorcycle rider running a red light on a major intersection at noon, closely avoiding collision with an oncoming traffic, losing balance and almost running over an AMET officer - he actually hit him, but just lightly

... all this in the past 48 hours.

No hope for GREAT NUMBER of Dominicans. Brain surgeon wanted to do charity work.
I see an excellent business opportunity:

organ donors.