Equivalent of "hooray!" for Dominicans?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
We reached a milestone and we need to write something informal like We've reached this milestone! Hooray!!!

I'm looking for something similar to Hooray!!!, like slang that's commonly used by Dominicans to emote happiness.

Thanks.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
What about ?Yuuupiii!?

Someone mentioned weeepa, but to me that sounds like a noise you'd make when you see a girl that's really hot. And eeeeeso sounds Mexican lol

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
What about ?Yuuupiii!?

Someone mentioned weeepa, but to me that sounds like a noise you'd make when you see a girl that's really hot. And eeeeeso sounds Mexican lol

Yuupi ? In French, yes. Never heard it in Spanish.

Wepa for a hot girl ? heard Aye, cono, diablo, but never wepa :(

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You might yell CO?O at the top of your voice....or a good AY DIOS!!! UEPA is an exclamatory remark...like "Yikes!!"
A good, loud SSSSIIIIIII !! will also suffice.

HB

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
In Miami co?o is quite vulgar refering to the same thing as ano.
Der Fish

co?o's like saying year? So they ask for mes, dia and co?o over in Miami?

Amazing how one tilde can so change the meaning of a word.

Ano = anus
A?o = year

And to the OP, when I have to state something very positive, I use "chevre" or "que chevre". It isn't the same as "hooray", but the sentiments are similar.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Derfish: Not the ano, the vagina!! No wonder you can't get laid, you aim is off!

In the DR, "co?o" is the equivalent of "fu*k" in English. It can be used in almost the exact same way.
Que co?o! WHAT?
Que co?azo! What an idiot
Co?o, que vaina! Sh!t, what a mess
Cooo?o! (Extremely p!ssed off)

and so forth...

"Yupi" is fine and quite decent for international conversation...approved by FB...

HB

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Derfish: Not the ano, the vagina!! No wonder you can't get laid, you aim is off!

In the DR, "co?o" is the equivalent of "fu*k" in English. It can be used in almost the exact same way.

HB

Do you think exactly the same way? heard youngsters use it around adults without a care, and in some instances have heard a mother use it around kids and so on. Fair enough, never around my preferred company but in Supermarkets, in the park and so on I have heard it used around adults and kids alike.
So I am not sure the offense caused by using it around respected people is the same. I would never say Fck around my mother or in front of a child.

The boys and some friends use it often but gives little away as men do use fck often in each others company.
Personally I don't use it as I simply say Fck when I hit my finger with a hammer!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You are correct. The approved alternative for that word is "concho" ....and my grandson corrects his father when it slips out in traffic...like we all say it!! And he pipes up and says: "No se dice co?o, se dice concho, Papi!" ....

It is really used because of a lack of vocabulary....

HB