Just so's you know, they found the airplane

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It was located in the southern state of Apure in Venezuela, intact, and in apparently good condition. Just goes to show you that sometimes things turn out just fine....

HB

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
From today's DR1 news:

Missing Beechcraft plane found in Venezuela
The Venezuelan press reports that the Venezuelan Strategic Command for Integral Defense of the Plains (REDI) and the National Anti-Drug Office have located the Beechcraft Kingair 200 in the state of Apure. The plane had been stolen from the AILI (JBQ) airport in northern Santo Domingo on Sunday, 23 October at 3:20am.
As reported in El Nacional of Venezuela, Armed Forces Major General Jose Gregorio Perez Escalona, chief of the REDI, said that one person has been arrested in connection with the case. The N871C plane, valued at US$2.5 million was located in the Las Matas sector, 54 miles east of Elorza, says El Nacional. The General said that the airplane had been stolen from the Santo Domingo airport when the operations were closed. The Ministry of Interior and Justice supplied a photo showing how it had been camouflaged.
Localizan en Apure avioneta robada en Rep?blica Dominicana | Regiones | El Nacional.com

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
As is usual here it is worth checking out all of the facts before jumping to conclusions.

Matilda

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
detalle954c9fd0ddeb7718fe402566b04bf647.jpg

detalle200417b5380c88466b6d5088d148685f.jpg

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
You guys need to lay off the conspiracy movies a bit... LOL!!!

The two pictures are exactly of the same plane and site. The position of the propellers is a nonsense, given how it's needed to move them by hand (which is rather easy) to remove the camo netting around the plane and allow enough clearance to move about the fuselage and them as well.

At the time of the picture, only a small unit of the Venezuelan forces were present and given the firepower of the drug lords and their henchmen, the unit was more into protecting their perimeter than working all hands to unveil the plane. One man took some pictures as the other removed the camo from around the plane and confirmed the aircraft's identity.

The son of the general involved already provided details to his part on the theft operations, the father *retired grl, is also linked not only by the local military intelligence to drug people, but by the U.S. DEA and FBI. His son got his visa cancelled as well as the father earlier by the U.S. with agents still monitoring his links.

Now, just for fun... Let me read up on what's your point on the need to create a stage of the plane's location and for what reasons from the DR gov standpoint??????

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"I agree with the "P"man"!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"Now let me look under MY BED"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

tmnyc

Oct 19, 2006
Look at the angle of the props.

It's called pitch- which can be either fixed or variable. In the above craft, it is variable.

If you are talking about the prop position between the two pictures, they could have rotated when they pulled the tarp/tree brush off.

Last edited:
May 5, 2007
From that first picture I just have to know if this is some type of "Carrier capable" Beech 99 with fold up wing tips. No matter how many times I look at picture the right wing appears to "end" a couple feet outboard of the engine nacelle.

The nose looks different in both pictures, the height is different, attitude is different, (may have changed weight of contents when moving?) and plain don't look right, course I could be going blind or just plain stir crazy

About the props, not sure what system the Beech uses, electric or hydraulic on that plane but either way they are likely "free wheeling" when non powered, but the fact they appear to be in perfect "synch" in first picture (maybe was easier to get canvas on that way, and BTW, where did a fitted canvas appear from?) seems odd.

Hey, without a conspiracy what fun is a "found" plane?

Last edited:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
From that first picture I just have to know if this is some type of "Carrier capable" Beech 99 with fold up wing tips. No matter how many times I look at picture the port wing appears to "end" a couple feet outboard of the engine nacelle.

The nose looks different in both pictures, the height is different, attitude is different, (may have changed weight of contents when moving?) and plain don't look right, course I could be going blind or just plain stir crazy

About the props, not sure what system the Beech uses, electric or hydraulic on that plane but either way they are likely "free wheeling" when non powered, but the fact they appear to be in perfect "synch" in first picture (maybe was easier to get canvas on that way, and BTW, where did a fitted canvas appear from?) seems odd.

Hey, without a conspiracy what fun is a "found" plane?
I would agree. The second picture is the plane, not the first.

Plue the 200 has a big T-tail that doesn't seem to exist in the first pic. The bottom picture has been horizontally cropped.

Jul 4, 2010
I was born in Venezuela, and hold dual Dominican and Venezuelan citizenship. I've lived in Venezuela for over thirty years. I'm familiar with the region and keep updated with all things Venezuelan. I can vouch that the region where the plane was alldgedly found is completely controlled by the Venezuelan military. there's no way any drug traffickers or irregular armies worth their salt would dare operate in that region.

May 5, 2007
When you are asked to accept something as "fact," you look at who,why, what etc. Given the two pictures are so far apart in saturation, errors in little things like wings missing (pictures can be deceptive) I tend to look for a reason to believe instead of disbelieve and just can't find one. All those beautiful "metro" pictures without people, set up, staging etc. without qualifying them as such, everything after by same person is somewhat "tainted" in my mind and I guess I look for a "conspiracy."

They may very well be a "before and after" set, but they just plain don't look right to me

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Get A Life"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC