Damn Good Hamburger in Jarabacoa

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Everybody it seems has a hamburger. And all largely the same. But I'm happy to say there is a new place in Jarabacoa that has the BEST hamburger we've had in the DR...outside of Casa CB.

The place is Pierre Steak and Hamburger on Ave. La Confluencia just past the road to the Gran Jimenoa past Pharmacy Cristo Rey. Brand new and nicely done. The owner is from Queens and seems to know what he's doing.

We've eaten there twice. First time I had the double bacon cheeseburger...and could barely finish it, just massive. He has a triple burger, also. I can't even imagine.

We saw some folks eating churrasco...and it looked fabu. Tonight I had a single bacon cheeseburger, Alida had a Caesar con pollo salad (very nice, excellent pollo) and we split an appetizer of 6 BBQ wings. We had a frozen lemonade and jugo de fresa. All Yummy. Total bill with tip: RD$530. Not bad at all.

No doubt Pierre will be a weekly event...and we just don't eat out much. If you're in the area check them out. They don't have a website yet.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Well since I know you used to own a restaurant it must be good then. Sounds like I need a road trip. :)

Feb 7, 2007
It's been 2008 last time I went to Jarabacoa. Time for a road trip to the nature ... tonight though, I will have to suffice with two loaded chimi de pierna

@CB: PICS!!! PICS!!! PICS!!!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Everybody it seems has a hamburger. And all largely the same. But I'm happy to say there is a new place in Jarabacoa that has the BEST hamburger we've had in the DR...outside of Casa CB.

The place is Pierre Steak and Hamburger on Ave. La Confluencia just past the road to the Gran Jimenoa past Pharmacy Cristo Rey. Brand new and nicely done. The owner is from Queens and seems to know what he's doing.

We've eaten there twice. First time I had the double bacon cheeseburger...and could barely finish it, just massive. He has a triple burger, also. I can't even imagine.

We saw some folks eating churrasco...and it looked fabu. Tonight I had a single bacon cheeseburger, Alida had a Caesar con pollo salad (very nice, excellent pollo) and we split an appetizer of 6 BBQ wings. We had a frozen lemonade and jugo de fresa. All Yummy. Total bill with tip: RD$530. Not bad at all.

No doubt Pierre will be a weekly event...and we just don't eat out much. If you're in the area check them out. They don't have a website yet.

Is This with American Beef Or are they Dominican cows that you have to use all of the bacon etc. so they are edible?

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Is bacon a food group? If not it should be. Pan fry your dominican burgers in bacon fat or butter for a few minutes before you toss them on the grill. I hate the places that add seasoned bread crumbs and egg to give them taste and keep them from falling apart. Tastes like dried meatloaf on a roll.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Is This with American Beef Or are they Dominican cows that you have to use all of the bacon etc. so they are edible?
I don't know, and as tender, tasty and juicy as these burgers are, I don't care.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Sounds like a place where I would want to fill up my tank. I can just imagine the juicy burgers (of course, without the sin component), yummy. Will be coming soon so CB, expect a call from me sometime soon.
AZB