Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Malarone a MALARIA deterrent PILLS CAN YOU BUY IN DR WITHOUT PRESCRIPTION??

WILL BE TAKING A TRIP AND WILL BE LLOKING TO TAKE Malarone to ward off Malaria .Can you buy this in the DR without a prescription ?IN Spanish is there adifferent word for it????thanks

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arrugala View Post
    WILL BE TAKING A TRIP AND WILL BE LLOKING TO TAKE Malarone to ward off Malaria .Can you buy this in the DR without a prescription ?IN Spanish is there adifferent word for it????thanks
    Errrrrrr, malaria is not actually an issue here.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

arrrugula, you would be much wiser to avoid arugula in the Dominican Republic than worry about malaria. Only a handfull of cases of malaria reported yearly but plenty of hepatitis A from greens.

4. Likes GinzaGringo, Rosss liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's possible that the OP is in the DR and is planning to travel to a country where malaria is a problem.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    It's possible that the OP is in the DR and is planning to travel to a country where malaria is a problem.
    I think there's malaria problem in Haiti. As a doctor told me once: The mosquito does not stop at the Haiti -República Dominicana border

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If the poster is travelling to the DR, are they aware that you have to start taking the medicine 2/3 days before entering the risk area (and for a week after leaving it)? If travelling direct into the risk area that would rule out buying it in the DR.

They should be more aware of Dengue fever. Much greater risk except in a few very specific areas.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe you are the one who has read the OP's post correctly Chiri... makes far more sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe dv8 can advise, but if not, the OP should ask in one of the larger pharmacies in Santo Domingo or Santiago. Even if they don't have it in stock they will probably be able to order it.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i have not seen malarone so far but i will check it out today. GSK meds are sold in DR so the lab itself is not a problem but this particular medicine may not have the government permit for import.
    also, malaria medications are not so popular in DR so maybe there is no demand for malarone.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

checked, not available in POP. maybe in SD.

12. Likes arrugala liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast